Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeQB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers

Go down 
+2
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 am

The Associated Press
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 11:30 pm
Mike Bires

PITTSBURGH – Jerrod Johnson is in no hurry to embark on a career as a gym teacher. He first wants to make a living by throwing a football.

At this stage of the preseason, it’s hard to gauge if Johnson has what it takes to make it long-term in the NFL. But on the bright side, he’s making the most of his chances so far as the Steelers’ fourth-team quarterback.

“Some of the other coaches and I were just talking about Jerrod,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley said Monday after practice. “In the preseason games he’s played, he’s obviously played against third-team and fourth-team guys. But among his peers, he’s playing as well as anyone at those points in those games.”

After three preseason games, the Steelers (2-1) have gotten strong performances from all their QBs. They’ve combined for a league-high 116.5 passer rating. The only other team over 100 is the Washington Redskins at 102.1.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/qb-johnson-hoping-to-hang-on-with-steelers/article_90ff24d5-eb12-57d4-8e82-20c219f81c85.html

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 am

i hope he makes the team. it would be nice to have a back up qb under 50 years of age

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Steelers>NFL
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 pm

I am not sure he is even better than Dennis dixon was for the Steelers. Having said that, kind-of hard to get excited about him, other than his age.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Johnson has a strong, accurate arm when healthy. That's already a tenfold improvement on Dixon. Jerrod Johnson reminds me of Steve McNair. He can run, he can pass, and he's built like Roethlisberger. Welcome to the forum, by the way. QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers 230572241

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Welcome to the board, S>NFL!

I haven't seen much from Johnson yet. He looked great in one pre-season game, but absolutely horrendous in another. The jury's still out, but he showed some potential. I think with a little seasoning on the practice squad, J.J. could be a serviceable backup minimally.

It's no secret we need to get some youth at QB soon. Batch may be done after training camp, Lefty is getting older, and so is Ben. Lefty is often injured and Ben has taken a beating in his career. Sooner or later we'll need somebody else to rely on in an emergency. Johnson could be the answer. I think he looks better than Dixon. Much better arm and presence.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:44 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i hope he makes the team. it would be nice to have a back up qb under 50 years of age

Shocked That's a shocker I always thought Batch was....wait for it.....69 QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 am

vasteeler wrote:

Wait a minute, Leftwich is only 49. QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers 1797695198 It would be nice to have Batch's grandson ( I mean Johnson) around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers   QB Johnson hoping to hang on with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1