Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeXTREME SURVIVOR POOL Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

XTREME SURVIVOR POOL

Go down 
+7
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
Gingerchip
fer69
Wallace108
Bays
stlrtruck
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

XTREME SURVIVOR POOL Empty
PostSubject: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:13 am

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the suicide pool, but just in case here's how it goes.

Everyone picks a different team to win each week

Once you pick a team, you can not pick it again

You must be in the pool with week 1 or you can not join

If you do not make a pick by the start of the Sunday night game, then you must pick a winner for the Monday night game. If you've already picked one of those teams, then you'll need to post for the other team (no it will not be done for you automatically). If you've already picked both those teams, then you are eliminated from the contest.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:46 am

And just so there is no confusion about who OWNS this pool.

Last year I won this pool, TWICE XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1162051252XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1162051252

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am

So...

I pick the winner of any game between two teams, and if the team I choose wins, I win? XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 2829330259

So, there'll be several winners each week?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 am

bayz101 wrote:
So...

I pick the winner of any game between two teams, and if the team I choose wins, I win? XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 2829330259

So, there'll be several winners each week?
No, you pick the winner of one game each week. Any game you want. If your team loses, you're out. If your team wins, you survive and move on to the next week. But you can pick a team only once in the entire game. Last man or woman standing wins.

For example:

In Week 1, you pick Steelers over Broncos.
If Broncos win, you're out.
If Steelers win, you move on. But you can't pick the Steelers again.

It sounds easy, but it's not. There's a strategy. You can pick obvious winners early, but that might cost you later. I don't know the schedule, but let's say you pick the Patriots*** over the Rams because it's obvious winner. But then you can't pick the Patriots*** again. So if you pick all the good teams early because they're safe picks, you'll be left picking teams like the Browns and Rams later on. Then again, if you pick a risky game early, you could be out early. Last year, most of us were out of the game by like Week 4.

Here's the thread from last season: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t655-xtreme-pick-em-game?highlight=xtreme

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

The past two years I've played this game, I picked the Browns the first week. I got knocked out in Week 1 both years. Here's what I posted after getting knocked out last season:

Wallace108 wrote:
This is the second straight season I got knocked out in the first round because of the Browns. I assure you next season I will NOT pick the Browns even if they're scheduled to play a high school team.

I'm thinking about picking the Browns again. XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1664291743
Sooner or later, they HAVE to win an opening game. XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 am

Count me in.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 am

You could have said Pick 'Em and I would have knew right away what this was, lol.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

bayz101 wrote:
You could have said Pick 'Em and I would have knew right away what this was, lol.
It's actually called a suicide pool. I got the name wrong last year.

We'll keep a running list of participants ...

Truck
Bayz
Wally

And I'm going to unsticky this for now to increase the chances of it being seen. Threads that are stickied are often overlooked (oddly enough).

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:43 am

I actually have something in the works to go with this. Not sure if it'll work or not, but i'll talk more on that soon.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

bayz101 wrote:

PICK 'EM is a weekly contest where you pick all the games

SUICIDE POOL is one game, screw up and you're out, get lucky and you live to play another week!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, because this particular game rarely lasts long, I've set up an ESPN pigskin pick 'em league that you all can join as well. It's free to make an account, and it lasts the length of a season. Team with most points at the end of the season (from correct picks) wins it all! I think it'd be cool to have both pick 'em and suicide pool going this year, with maybe an SX fantasy league if demand is there. I've already created the pick 'em league, and if you want in let me know.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Well, because this particular game rarely lasts long, I've set up an ESPN pigskin pick 'em league that you all can join as well. It's free to make an account, and it lasts the length of a season. Team with most points at the end of the season (from correct picks) wins it all! I think it'd be cool to have both pick 'em and suicide pool going this year, with maybe an SX fantasy league if demand is there. I've already created the pick 'em league, and if you want in let me know.
Why don't you start a separate thread on the pick 'em and league and see if they generate any interest. We tried it last year, but the fantasy league didn't work out.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Why don't you start a separate thread on the pick 'em and league and see if they generate any interest. We tried it last year, but the fantasy league didn't work out.
Got truck in the pick em. Fantasy league is a lot more work than many like.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm

i'm in

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Got truck in the pick em. Fantasy league is a lot more work than many like.
I'm interested in pick 'em, but not fantasy. I've never been in a fantasy league, and I have no intentions of starting now.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 pm

To update the participants in the Survivor pool ...

Truck
Bayz
Wally
Fer

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:08 am

Iwanna play! I wanna play!

So, what day do I have to pick my winning team? Also, it begins the first week of the regular season, right?

XTREME SURVIVOR POOL We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 am

Truck
Bayz
Wally
Fer
Gingerchip
Buddha

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

Iwanna play! I wanna play!

So, what day do I have to pick my winning team? Also, it begins the first week of the regular season, right?
Yes, it begins the first week of the season. Technically, you can make your pick now if you want. Just copy the list of players below and add your pick next to your name. Although most people usually wait until about Wednesday or Thursday to make their picks.

Truck .............
Bayz ..............
Wally .............
Fer ................
Gingerchip .....
Buddha ..........

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Truck .............
Bayz ..............
Wally .............
Fer ................
Gingerchip .....
Buddha ..........
va...................

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:22 pm

I'll play

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Truck .............
Bayz ..............
Wally .............
Fer ................
Gingerchip .....
Buddha ..........
va...................
Eff ..................

Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Count me in! Sounds like fun!

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 2480670802 XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 2287965686 XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1645253483 XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1645253483 XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

You're in, Cap. XTREME SURVIVOR POOL 184121345
---------------------------------------------

The more people who join, the better. A lot of people will get knocked out early. I think we should set a deadline to join though ... especially when we start making picks. Thoughts?

Truck .............
Bayz ..............
Wally .............
Fer ................
Gingerchip .....
Buddha ..........
va...................
Eff ..................
Cap ................

Back to top Go down
lvsteelersfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Please add me to the list. I am new to this forum but am a member on several other Steelers forums that I have been with for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XTREME SURVIVOR POOL   XTREME SURVIVOR POOL Empty

Back to top Go down

XTREME SURVIVOR POOL
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next