Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHELP!  Mac or PC?????? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

HELP! Mac or PC??????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

HELP!  Mac or PC?????? Empty
PostSubject: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 am

Ok all you technology saavy people, I have a question. I have to get a new computer sometime in the next few months. HELP!  Mac or PC?????? 2727913382 My friends are divided - some say go MAC (they are made better and work better) others say PC (more user friendly). Any opinions??? Would truly appreciate some advice!

PS - This semester is particularly tough (Anatomy and Physiology and O. Chem) so I don't have a lot of extra time to learn a new computer. However, I don't want to have to shell out money for another in the next couple of years. If I go PC, which brand is the best???

Thanks in advance, all!

HELP!  Mac or PC?????? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 am

We've had the Mac vs. PC debate here, so the answer you get will depend on who gives it to you. Some people prefer PCs. Some prefer Macs. I have PCs at home and use Macs at work. I'm fine with either. I give the edge to Mac, but you're going to pay a lot more for it. For what I use them for, either one works perfectly fine ... so a PC works for me based solely on cost.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 pm

If it's a laptop your looking for, i'd invest in either the standard macbook, or a windows G-Series laptop. If it's a desktop, i'd go with Windows PC.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Windows G-series laptop? Talk to me Bayz......

I have a gateway laptop now (bought it because it has a nice big screen). It's four years old and beginning to go. About how much is a Windows G-series? Where is the best place to purchase one?

Thanks a bunch!

HELP!  Mac or PC?????? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 am

Personally I'm not into the "Apple" hype.....So I say go Windows 7 PC.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh shit! Forgot about this. Look up a "Windows G-62 laptop". That's what i'm on now, and I've had it for three years. Think works beautifully and runs Windows 7. Plenty of memory, and the charger gives you about and hour and a half to two hours of life, and it runs on the charger alone. Take the battery out and it'll run on the charge cord.

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Mac or PC??????   HELP!  Mac or PC?????? Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! Mac or PC??????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Xtreme Xtras :: Odds and Ends-
Jump to: