Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season    Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 am

By — By Ralph N. Paulk —
Published: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 10:32 p.m.

Cam Heyward has a bad attitude — on the field, anyway.

The Steelers’ second-year defensive end couldn’t resist leaping into the fray of any dispute during training camp. Instinctively, it seemed, he dumped gasoline instead of water on every fire.

“Cam is always in a fight,” guard Ramon Foster said. “But that’s just him. I’m glad to have him on my side because I know he’s not going to back down.

“You can’t tell him to calm down. I don’t want to change that about him.”

Heyward ended up in the middle of most skirmishes at St. Vincent College. It began with guard Willie Colon. It continue with former Ohio State teammate and rookie tackle Mike Adams and then again with rookie guard Kelvin Beachum.

Heyward challenged them all, sometimes without provocation.

It’s not about flexing his muscles or proving he’s tough enough. It’s about intimidation.

“I don’t think the fights ever stopped,” Heyward said. “I’m a different person on the field. I leave it on the field because after that I’m done.

“I’ve always been a guy involved in skirmishes. I guess I’ve got a temper problem.”

It’s just a facade, really, said nose tackle Steve McLendon.

“Cam really doesn’t have an attitude problem,” McLendon said. “He just likes to play fast. He gives it everything, and if you don’t like it, you better get out of the way.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2487745-85/heyward-field-season-steelers-cam-defensive-2011-expectations-front-game?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz25Pg89Ivy
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season    Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 am

I don't see any problem with that as long as it doesn't lead to stupid penalties!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season    Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 am

solardave wrote:
I don't see any problem with that as long as it doesn't lead to stupid penalties!!

Yeah, we definitely don't need another Kemo... just on defense. Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  294855916

I like to see an aggressive edge to guys on defense and in the trenches. Having an intimidating and nasty presence on the field can get inside some opponent's heads and change the way they play the game. Like you said, Dave, as long as it doesn't involve stupid and costly penalties, it can be a good thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season    Steelers’ Heyward ready to contribute in 2nd season  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1