Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAt 30, Steelers QB is in his prime Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime Empty
PostSubject: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 am

By Alan Robinson

Ben Roethlisberger looks to be in the prime of his career, throwing the ball with as much zip and accuracy as he ever has during his nine-season career, according to Steelers wide receivers. Mike Wallace didn’t need much time to notice.

“I haven’t been with Ben in a while, and his arm is stronger than when we left last year,” said Wallace, who practiced Monday for the first time since ending his offseason holdout. “He was throwing it pretty far.”

Roethlisberger passed for 4,077 yards last season — second in his career to his 4,328 yards in 2009 — and he might have the best and deepest cast of receivers he has had yet in Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. While he didn’t predict one Monday, he expects a big season.

“I hope so. I don’t think by any stretch of the imagination I’m on the down slope and the end of my career,” Roethlisberger said. “ I hope not, geez. The game keeps slowing down, and you keep figuring things out. I’m just blessed to have a great group of young guys around me that can make plays, so I don’t have to do as much as I used to.”

Roethlisberger is aware he is at the age — 30 — when many quarterbacks peak.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2529715-85/roethlisberger-season-career-game-monday-prime-wallace-receivers-ben-didn?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz25TK8jfXC
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Blitzburghfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

I expect a great season from No. 7....it all of course depends on how well the line protects him, and that's yet to be determined

Last edited by Blitzburghfan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 am

i still see at least 2 more superbowl titles before he is done

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Blitzburghfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 am

vasteeler wrote:

I agree..... I also think the defense has a couple more years before you can start saying their "old"....with Big Ben and our defense in tact for the next couple 5-6 years....2 maybe even 3.....but I'm a homer At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime 1372836603
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 am

Blitzburghfan wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I agree..... I also think the defense has a couple more years before you can start saying their "old"....with Big Ben and our defense in tact for the next couple 5-6 years....2 maybe even 3.....but I'm a homer At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime 1372836603

that makes two of us At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime 1797695198

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:02 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Blitzburghfan wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

that makes two of us At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime 1797695198

He said hom-ER, not hom.... oh nevermind. At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime   At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime Empty

Back to top Go down

At 30, Steelers QB is in his prime
Page 1 of 1