Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNew man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 Empty
PostSubject: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 am

September 6, 2012 12:16 am
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers fans know by now their quarterback will become a father this year. Ben Roethlisberger revealed the news on his website in June.

What he did not divulge, and still has not, is when his baby boy is due. The delivery is expected sometime this fall, perhaps even on the first Sunday of December when the Steelers visit Baltimore.Surely, for such a potentially crucial late-season game against the Ravens, Roethlisberger will ...

"I'm not missing the birth of my child," Roethlisberger said emphatically. "There's no chance. I know some fans probably don't want to hear that, but there's no chance."

No, the fans likely do not want to hear that, but him saying it shows how far he has traveled as he enters his ninth pro season. He not only makes the transition from Big Ben to Big Dad, but he also discovered an ability to put his life into perspective. There was a time, fans might recall, when he was not so good at doing that. And if he misses a game for the birth of his son? You might remember him missing four games a few years ago for not-so-noble reasons.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz25gVCv04Z

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:38 am

raise your hand if you are not upset with Ben for if he has to miss a game for the birth of his son.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 pm

A football game doesn't even come close to comparing to the birth of a child. Of course Ben should be there for the birth in my opinion. But I also wouldn't criticize him if he decided to play. That's a decision between a husband and wife. Everyone must make their own decisions, and it's no one else's business. I'll support Ben if he plays, and I'll support him if he doesn't.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm

I'd probably be more upset with him if he played a game while his wife was delivering his child.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

play the game and watch the video.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30   New man, older body: the Steelers' Big Ben at 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1