Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers notebook: Young linebackers get a shot Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers notebook: Young linebackers get a shot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers notebook: Young linebackers get a shot Empty
PostSubject: Steelers notebook: Young linebackers get a shot   Steelers notebook: Young linebackers get a shot EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:02 am

September 15, 2012 12:48 am
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison's knee injury is providing an opportunity for a couple of young outside linebackers to make an impact for the Steelers. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is hoping Jason Worilds and Chris Carter provide a little more punch Sunday against the Jets than they did in the opener at Denver.

The two played in place of Harrison at right outside linebacker with Worilds recording two tackles and a sack and Carter contributing one tackle.

"Both of those men figure [into the game plan] enormously, especially with James Harrison having a problem getting back into the lineup," LeBeau said. "I think Jason will get nothing but stronger. He played well in the game. Chris has played good through the preseason, a lot of great energy and effort. They're both young players. They're getting some on-the-job training, but that's the National Football League. When it's your turn to go, you have to step in and deliver. I'm confident they'll do that."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-young-linebackers-get-a-shot-653450/#ixzz26Wkx5Hwr

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1