Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three
September 19, 2012 10:20 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers were able to go into their Week 2 game against the New York Jets without two of their biggest defensive stars, but it didn’t seem to matter much. A 27-10 victory over the Jets shows perhaps James Harrison and Troy Polamalu weren’t missed much, but that doesn’t mean the team isn’t anxious to have them back.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has yet to rule on the status of the two defensive players for week three against the Oakland Raiders, but they are being closely monitored.

“I handle all of those situations really on a case-by-case basis,” Tomlin said, “with the understanding that the younger you are, the more inexperienced you are, the more practices are necessary before I consider utilizing you.”

Tomlin stated that if both players ended up being healthy enough to play on Sunday without having enough time to practice, then they could still play. While it is true that usually all players require one day of practice in order to be prepared for a game, Tomlin knows Harrison and Polamalu can handle the short week.

Some have to wonder if the loss of both men for another week will allow the defense to keep the type of strong pace they had against the Jets. Offensive-minded New York (in Week 1, anyway) was held to a mere 91 total yards in the second half, and that is no small feat against any NFL team.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/steelers-hurting-on-defense-harrison-polamalu-possibly-out-again-for-week-three/

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 am

Hopefully we won't need there services for this game. If we can get trough this one then the bye week they should be ready to roll in week 5 along with Mendy.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
Hopefully we won't need there services for this game. If we can get trough this one then the bye week they should be ready to roll in week 5 along with Mendy.

It'll be like the damned calvary arriving! Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three 348340646

Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm

For the offense, Heath might not be playing either.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 am

tube517 wrote:
For the offense, Heath might not be playing either.

:angrychimp:

I swear John Harbaugh must be collecting voodoo dolls of each Steelers player right now. Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three   Steelers Hurting On Defense: Harrison, Polamalu Possibly Out Again For Week Three Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1