Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall impresses in practice  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall impresses in practice

Go down 
+2
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendenhall impresses in practice  Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:33 am

By Mark Kaboly

Rashard Mendenhall might not make his season debut Sunday against Oakland, but teammates say it’s not because he isn’t ready.

Following the first practice in which coach Mike Tomlin permitted the defense to “thud-up” Mendenhall and his surgically repaired knee, teammates were impressed with what they saw from the mending running back.

“He made a cut on the back side of a zone (blocking scheme) and just took off,” guard Willie Colon said. “It kind of reminded me of the old Rashard. He actually looked more explosive. He looked fast. Everything I saw was a good sign.”

Mendenhall has been practicing in full for the past couple of weeks while gradually adding more to his rehabilitation. Mendenhall stepped up his practice preparation recently to where fellow running back Isaac Redman said he believes it is only a matter of time before Mendenhall is on the field on game days.

“He looked excellent out there,” Redman said. “He is cutting, he is making reads, and he got the burst back.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2633785-85/mendenhall-yards-running-steelers-game-practice-rashard-plays-teammates-colon?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26z9HIOAR
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:14 am

Can't wait to see him back on the field it can only help our run game.To me he is the best catching running back we have.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

ive always been a little critical of mendy but damn i cant wait for him to come back. what we have just aint cutting it so far

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 pm

vasteeler wrote:
ive always been a little critical of mendy but damn i cant wait for him to come back. what we have just aint cutting it so far

I think it's the line more than anything. When Mendy comes back it'll give a quick boost, but i'm not expecting us to have a good running game until December.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm

bayz101 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I think it's the line more than anything. When Mendy comes back it'll give a quick boost, but i'm not expecting us to have a good running game until December.

That should be when DeCastro comes back.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Oh... I thought that was when we unleashed Hell. Mendenhall impresses in practice  3798349058

Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Oh... I thought that was when we unleashed Hell.
Mendenhall impresses in practice  3798349058

That only happens against the Raiders Mendenhall impresses in practice  611739232 Mendenhall impresses in practice  1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 am

tube517 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Oh... I thought that was when we unleashed Hell.
Mendenhall impresses in practice  3798349058

That only happens against the Raiders Mendenhall impresses in practice  611739232 Mendenhall impresses in practice  1797695198

So Hell rises this weekend, eh? Mendenhall impresses in practice  3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall impresses in practice    Mendenhall impresses in practice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall impresses in practice
Page 1 of 1