Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeYou're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... Empty
PostSubject: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 pm

What are you going to do to fix the Steelers' problems?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 pm

I don't think there is much you can do to fix the problem.

First issue is injuries. You can't go out and get someone to take over right away and play as a cohesive unit. Then you end up losing a roster spot accomodating for the injuries.

Second issue is leadership. It's time to call some players out on the carpet. Woodley, Timmons...anyone, someone, STEP UP.

Third issue is execution. I think it comes down to the fact that you play like you practice. And with the current CBA the players no longer have to practice that hard. That's not Steelers football. And it certainly shows up on the field. So how do you fix it, change the practices so the last one of the week is more solid and hard hitting than the ones earlier in the week.

Finally, the last issue (and possibly one of the more important ones) is the defense. If I'm Tomlin, I'm having a long lunch with LeBeau about the last few games and how the defense has not played well. I'm certainly going to discuss with him what the hell needs to change in the next game. If it doesn't change in the next game, I give serious consideration to letting him know that this is his last ride.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:02 pm

DEFENSE

First thing I would do is sit Ike and start Cortez Allen. Let's see what the kid can do. He can't do any worse than Ike has done lately, and if he somehow does, maybe the benching will light a fire under Ike's ass.

Second, start McLendon over Hampton. McLendon is a beast and has earned a starting role.

Third, have the corners play more bump and run.

Fourth, more disguised blitzes. How many blitzes have we seen from corners or safeties (not named Troy) this season? They're not doing a good job of confusing quarterbacks. They're allowing QBs to sit in the pocket and pick them apart, which isn't hard when the corners are playing so far off the receivers.

OFFENSE

More no-huddle and four-receiver sets. Hell, how about throwing in some five-receiver sets with Rainey in there? We've got the weapons ... lets use them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree with all of Wally's points except maybe the bump and run coverage. Until we can get Troy AND Clark on the field at the same time I have no confidence in the safety coverage behind the corners right now. I would like to see it once we have our top safeties helping out behind that bump and run.

I also worry that it still won't help Ike and his horrible coverage "skills" right now. He's either in a horrific slump or he's done as our top CB. I agree it may be time to get C. Allen in to either take that spot away or light a fire under Ike. It can't be worse.

I'd like to see Redman utilized in the passing game more like he was against the Titties. He was surprisingly good and effective. Getting Rainey into the passing game would also help, as well as allowing him to assume ALL return duties as it is stupid to risk Brown with all of the injuries we've taken on.

Maybe try Robert Golden at safety if Troy continues sitting out and sit Ziggy's useless ass.

Tomlin needs to start sending some messages to this team if he has any hope of turning this season around. Otherwise, we're playing for draft picks.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I agree with all of Wally's points except maybe the bump and run coverage. Until we can get Troy AND Clark on the field at the same time I have no confidence in the safety coverage behind the corners right now. I would like to see it once we have our top safeties helping out behind that bump and run.

I also worry that it still won't help Ike and his horrible coverage "skills" right now. He's either in a horrific slump or he's done as our top CB. I agree it may be time to get C. Allen in to either take that spot away or light a fire under Ike. It can't be worse.
Right now, Ike is taking the most heat for our failures on defense, and rightfully so. But I wonder if his performance has anything to do with our problems at safety. He had a hell of a season last year, but he had his worst game against Denver, when Mundy was in instead of Clark. And he hasn't played well this year with a revolving door at the safety position. Is it possible that he's concerned about the safeties and is putting too much pressure on himself, hence all the grabbing? Is he trying to do too much to cover for the safeties? Probably not ... but just a thought.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Right now, Ike is taking the most heat for our failures on defense, and rightfully so. But I wonder if his performance has anything to do with our problems at safety. He had a hell of a season last year, but he had his worst game against Denver, when Mundy was in instead of Clark. And he hasn't played well this year with a revolving door at the safety position. Is it possible that he's concerned about the safeties and is putting too much pressure on himself, hence all the grabbing? Is he trying to do too much to cover for the safeties? Probably not ... but just a thought.

That may be exactly it..... or he sucks now. You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 3798349058

There most certainly could be a cause/effect relationship there. I can't believe that Ike would all of a sudden implode like he has over the past 6 games or so and that it has nothing to do with the fact that at that same time our safety positions have been in flux. Usually there is a gradual drop-off in production for players, but Ike seems to have fallen off of a cliff. Maybe there is more to the team concept and working as a unit in play here than we realized? You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

That may be exactly it..... or he sucks now. You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 3798349058

There most certainly could be a cause/effect relationship there. I can't believe that Ike would all of a sudden implode like he has over the past 6 games or so and that it has nothing to do with the fact that at that same time our safety positions have been in flux. Usually there is a gradual drop-off in production for players, but Ike seems to have fallen off of a cliff. Maybe there is more to the team concept and working as a unit in play here than we realized? You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 2087824411
I'm not saying this is the case. But I think it's a possibility. If he doesn't trust the safeties, I can see it affecting how he plays.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm not saying this is the case. But I think it's a possibility. If he doesn't trust the safeties, I can see it affecting how he plays.

I think Ike needs another benching. Maybe if he sits and watches some he'll see his mistakes and where he can improve. It worked a few years ago when Cowher did it when he was struggling. Maybe Ike is just the type that needs a wake-up call every few years?

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

ikes done age has caught u to him.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:35 pm

BENCH IKE TAYLOR, put in my grandmother who is also a "shut down corner", problem solved.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:28 pm

I was beginning to think that Drizz was going to miss an opportunity to show his love for Ike. You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...   You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ... Empty

Back to top Go down

You're Tomlin and/or Colbert ...
Page 1 of 1