Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive   Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith

Pittsburgh running back Rashard Mendenhall wasn’t happy with the way some Steelers fans reacted to Thursday night’s loss to the Titans.

Mendenhall took to Twitter after the game and said that fans who are critical of their team shouldn’t be able to call themselves fans, because fans are supposed to be supportive. Mendenhall didn’t specify what he was reacting to, but he apparently wasn’t pleased that some fans had ripped him on Twitter after gaining just six yards on six carries before leaving the game with an Achilles injury.

Rashard Mendenhall ‏@R_Mendenhall

Seriously, if you're gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don't call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/rashard-mendenhall-tells-fans-they-need-to-be-supportive/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mendy, Mendy, Mendy ...

You of all people should know that fans have freedom of speech and should be able to speak what's on their minds. Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive 2981382511

Mendenhall isn't alone in thinking that fans should be cheerleaders and always be supportive and never criticize. I don't believe there's a right way to be a fan. Some fans are always supportive. Some always find something to bitch about. But they all love the team. That's what makes them fans. Expecting all fans to express themselves the same way is silly. Not gonna happen. Nor should it. Here's an idea ... you want us to cheer, give us something to cheer about. Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive 792589548

With that said, I don't approve of fans saying ignorant, personal crap to players via social media. There's nothing wrong with giving them a little crap if it's deserved ... they should be able to take it. But I've seen a lot of fans say some pretty ignorant things to players on Twitter and Facebook. If you're one of those fans, knock it off.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive   Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Quote :
With that said, I don't approve of fans saying ignorant, personal crap to players via social media. There's nothing wrong with giving them a little crap if it's deserved ... they should be able to take it. But I've seen a lot of fans say some pretty ignorant things to players on Twitter and Facebook. If you're one of those fans, knock it off.

Totally agree, Wally. And yes, it is our right to play Monday morning quarterbacks and express our criticisms. I believe that the majority of these "fans" that tweet ignorant ramblings to the players are just plain ignorant in all facets of life. I also think that the Steelers have a lot of "bandwagon" fans. The same fans that will be cheering for another team if we have a couple of bad seasons. Mendy's right though....... when something or someone is down and out, they need more support than ever.

Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Butch
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive   Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

Wally you took the words straight outta my mouth!!!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive   Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 am

I think it would be better if all the fans took a step back from the ledge (no matter what team they support) and realize that this is just a game and while we continue to criticize or brag about what our team does, in the end it's just a game.

As a fan, what pisses me off is the fact that I spend my hard earned money on tickets, paraphenilia, hotels, plane tickets, etc, and players give, what appears to be, half-hearted efforts on the field. I'm ok with a loss, but when I spend my money to come to a game, I do expect that they perform at a professional level, not a DIV III college, HS, or pee-wee league team.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive   Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive
Page 1 of 1