Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)

Go down 
+7
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
fer69
Buddha Bus
steelersfan87
Drizztbob
Bays
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) Empty
PostSubject: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) Gameday_header_bengals_45793

Be sure to check out the chat and live game page during the game. To access the chat, click on this link: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/h10-chat
To access the live game page, which includes the chat, PM a request to a mod or admin.

The chat is universal. It's the same chat regardless of which page you are viewing it on. During the game, most of us will be on the chat. After the game, the chat will be shut down and we'll return here to the Steelers forum for post-game discussions.

This thread will remain open, and anyone who doesn't want to participate in the chat can post here during the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My notes:

The running game (lead by Dwyer) in the first half will be great, but we MUST expect mistakes. Put a young guy in a starting role in a big game, and sometimes mistakes will be made. I expect a fumble and 80+ yards out of Dwyer on the day.

The passing game will start off slow in the first quarter, and heat up towards the end of the second. The second half should see a great passing game, and maybe even a couple deep passes and big plays a lot of fans are asking to see.

The defense will pressure Dalton in the second half, and the pass-defense will perform well all game. I think Ike's penalties will be limited in this game.

Final Score:

27-17.

Thoughts?

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:09 pm

I absolutely HATE these night games. Keeps me so amped up and impatient all day, and I usually end up passing out before I can finish them. Seems like we've had quite a few this year, as well.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 pm

27-17 Bengals Win? I would like that score. Like I said before, I don't feel good about this game at all with our performance as of late. You are being very generous with your numbers based off of our current offense/defense production. Especially defense.

Without TP, most of our starting line, our 2 starting RB's, and Ike asking for single coverage on AJ, this could be a quick game in the wrong direction.

But I hope I am wrong... Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 903924208

Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 pm

I think Dwyer will go out there and prove his worth to the team, being he's a third string back, and the passing game will play at a high level and chew up the clock. The only thing i'm worried about is the defense, and I think even if it doesn't hold up, our offense will outscore Cincinnati's.

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:12 am

I don't have any thoughts other than that I expect the Steelers to win.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 am

I think the Steelers view this as a must win and will find a way to put one in the "W" column. I'm not expecting it to be the defense doing it though. It will either be a low scoring, mistake filled game with the Bungels making more of them on offense or a high scoring shoot out with the Steelers coming out on top. I'm leaning toward the latter. Either way, I see a close game as usual.

On defense, I see Timmons and Clark continuing their great play on the field and Harrison to make another step forward getting a couple of sacks. Ike will continue to get raped and Hampton will be non-existent as he has been all year.

On offense, I expect a better game out of the WRs with both Wallace and Brown having a good game and Dwyer filling in sufficiently at RB. Miller will continue his great season with at least 6 catches for 80+ yards.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:26 am

Two words.....I fucking hate late games Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 am

fer69 wrote:
Two words.....I fucking hate late games Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 2913999526

15+7x2/5, carry the 1...... Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 2829330259

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 am

I pushed the wrong number Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am

fer69 wrote:
I pushed the wrong number Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 2981382511

Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 am

I hope you guys hit the nail on the head and I hope I am miserably wrong.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 am

Drizztbob wrote:
I hope you guys hit the nail on the head and I hope I am miserably wrong.

Trust me, I'm not holding my breath. Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 am

Reminder:

Be sure to check out the chat and live game page during the game. To access the chat, click on this link: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/h10-chat
To access the live game page, which includes the chat, PM a request to a mod or admin.

The chat is universal. It's the same chat regardless of which page you are viewing it on. During the game, most of us will be on the chat. After the game, the chat will be shut down and we'll return here to the Steelers forum for post-game discussions.

This thread will remain open, and anyone who doesn't want to participate in the chat can post here during the game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Under Cowher, we were dominant in prime-time games. Is it just me, or does it seem that under Tomlin, we've been less than stellar in prime time?

Does anyone want to go on a mission and find out their records in prime-time games?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:02 pm

We've faltered in prime time only recently, if i'm not mistaken.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 pm

bayz101 wrote:
We've faltered in prime time only recently, if i'm not mistaken.
My memory is horrible, but it seems we've struggled throughout the Tomlin era. Maybe not during his first season, but certainly in the past 3 or 4 years. I'm too lazy right now to research.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:14 pm

I actually remember his primetime record being regarded as excellent up until 2010. Could have been his MNF record though.

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:23 pm

We are going to kick some Bunghole ass tonight in primetime. Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 98245350

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Hope you're right galax

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:29 pm

We NEED to kick some Bengal ass tonight.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:32 pm

The Ravens loss puts our destiny in our own hands again.

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Agreed this is a must win for us tonight.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:06 pm

lets go o your going to need to put up at least 30 because we know our defense is going to give up at least 29 Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) 1505004552

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Agreed this is a must win for us tonight.

Yes....It is a must win! At the moment it is painful to watch. 14-3

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Wallace's case for 50 mil wouldn't hold up in court.

PostSubject: Re: Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)   Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tailgaiting and Game thread (Steelers vs. Bengals)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next