Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday

Go down 
+8
solardave
Gingerchip
stlrtruck
Bays
vasteeler
fer69
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Yep, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be wearing these uniforms on Sunday (rubs eyes)   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Yep, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be wearing these uniforms on Sunday (rubs eyes)
Rick Chandler Oct 24, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Steelersthrowbacks

The year was 1934: Alcatraz Federal Prison opened in San Francisco Bay, Hitler became supreme dictator of Germany, and It Happened One Night starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert opened in theaters. In American sports, the Pittsburgh Pirates (not to become the Steelers until 1940) wore the uniform you see pictured.

And they’re back, folks. We warned you about this back in April, but did you believe us? No. Well, the time has arrived: the Steelers will be wearing this on Sunday in their game vs. the Redskins, and then again on Nov. 18 vs. the Ravens. Last worn by the team in ’34, when they went 2-10, all were though to be destroyed in a fire, prompting a new uniform design. It actually comforts me to know that these can be destroyed by fire.

(Read More:) http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/10/24/yep-the-pittsburgh-steelers-will-be-wearing-these-uniforms-on-sunday-rubs-eyes/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

The good thing is that I've seen them so many times I've kinda gotten used to them. I would have had a heart attack if I saw them Sunday for the first time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The good thing is that I've seen them so many times I've kinda gotten used to them. I would have had a heart attack if I saw them Sunday for the first time.

You have some kind of weird uniform Stockholm syndrome. Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 2097682944

The sick thing is that I may end up buying one just to piss off Raven fans around here. Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

OMG!!!! i guess i'll have a heart attack sunday Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 2913999526 Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552 im kind of looking forward to seeing them

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552 im kind of looking forward to seeing them

In some twisted way, so am I, friend. No Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:35 am

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Prisonuni
Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Steelersnewunibee

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 am

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3946416-steelers-new-throwback-uniforms/page__st__20

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 am

Those things are UGLY Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 2605341373

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 am

Yep, but they're growing on me. I'm excited to see something different.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 am

You're all freakin' sick in the head if you're looking forward to those uniforms.

I think the NFL needs to get past this stage of the game. I don't care about 'throwback' games. Especially if the teams insist on wearing such hideous, did I say hideous - because I meant HIDEOUS!, uniforms.

And if it's throwback games, then why aren't the ratbirds wearing the browns uniforms?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am

I don't give a crap what the uniforms look like anymore, and quite honestly, i'll be happy to see something new. These uni's represent history, and they're growing on me. I'm sure if we win in them, everyone will forget about what they look like.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:56 pm

And you thought the Steelers 'Bumblebee' throwbacks couldn't get worse - Wrong!

By Mark Kaboly

Three days before Halloween (ironic or not), the Steelers will wear their costumes … err, their throwback uniforms against Washington Sunday at Heinz Field ... you know, their not-so-pleasant-to-the-eyes 1934 ‘Bumblebee’ uniforms.

It gets worse.

If looking like a cartoon character isn’t bad enough, the Steelers have the option to accent their prison-look gold and black striped uniforms with a dash of pink.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/f2f91b04-e598-4f40-a96d-e2a6a4926f27/?source=twitter

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 am

They aren't just ugly -- they are FUGLY!

They better win --- it will make the situation all the worse if they lose playing in those uniforms.

God, I hope no one around here pays attention -- I'll get so much crap from the 9er and Raider fans

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 am

I love the history behind them, and i'm excited to see something new.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

In some twisted way, so am I, friend. No Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552

I knowe it's like a train wreck, you don't WANT to look but you just have to!!! Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 am

I am not a big fan I don't hate them but I don't like them either.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
They aren't just ugly -- they are FUGLY!

maggots will gag

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday FlyerSantaClaus_zpsbf858e94
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 pm

I almost dread watching the game due to the absurd uniform. I'm a fan of nostalgic items but sometimes you just need to let them be. Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 1505004552

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 am

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 6731647_40

OR

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 8vydtc

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 am

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Haters_gonna_hate

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:12 am

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Haters-gonna-hate

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday 64511_466693003382288_898857518_n

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I actually like them
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:49 pm

hindes204 wrote:
I actually like them

They're growing on me. I think the socks are overkill, but all is well.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday   Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers wearing Throw(Ups)backs Sunday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next