Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGoing to be an INTENSE Sunday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Going to be an INTENSE Sunday

Go down 
+4
Kornbread
steelersfan87
stlrtruck
Bays
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Going to be an INTENSE Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 am

This Sunday is probably going to be a high-scoring game. Robert Griffin can burn you in the air AND on the ground, and he's probably one of the most dynamic QB's I've seen in years and he scares the HELL out of me. I have a feeling the pass defense will have trouble keeping him from getting yards in the air, the the run defense will have trouble keeping him from burning them on the ground, and we all know what THAT means.

It's going to be a shootout. The offense is going to have to put up BIG points to fend off the Redskins at Heinz Field on Sunday, and the only way we'll avoid a shootout is if our Defense channels the defense of '08 and puts on a clinic. I haven't seen enough from our defense to expect that from them, so i'll stick to my guy feeling and expect to see a combined 60 or more points on the scoreboard Sunday afternoon.

Who's pumped up for this game? I'm STOKED and it's still days away!!!

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:06 am

Actually, considering Robert's a rookie, we may not need to channel the defense of '08. That's pushing it, but I certainly think we need to get pressure on him, and LOTS of it. Get him uncomfortable and force him to run, and hope our Defensive line or remaining backers can stuff him for just a few yards.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am

I disagree Bagz, I don't think we want him out of the pocket.

I think we need to keep him in the pocket and just collapse it. I believe he's more prone to make throwing mistakes than he is to get stuffed for only a few yards. His speed, quickness, and agility makes him difficult to defend in the open field. Collapse the pocket and he's more likely to throw the ball away, too high, or just launch it up for grabs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Going to be an INTENSE Sunday 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am

stlrtruck wrote:

I think we need to keep him in the pocket and just collapse it. I believe he's more prone to make throwing mistakes than he is to get stuffed for only a few yards. His speed, quickness, and agility makes him difficult to defend in the open field. Collapse the pocket and he's more likely to throw the ball away, too high, or just launch it up for grabs.

If he feels the heat, he WILL run. He's very confident in his run game, and rather than throwing it away, he'll often try and make something happen with his legs. Although I do believe we need to keep him in the pocket, it won't be easy. We need to force pressure and FINISH the job by taking him to the turf. A few sacks will shake him and he'll begin making mistakes.

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Don't sleep on their running back, Alfred Morris, either. He's a pounder who likes to go right up the middle. Add to that the huge running threat that RGIII represents and Shanahan's zone blocking schemes that pull 1000 yard runners out of his ass, and he spells trouble. I watched him eat the Giants' defensive line for lunch this past Sunday, so he has me worried as well.
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

To be honest I'm kinda nervous about watching it. I hope the Steelers bring their "A" game and prove me wrong on my season prediction.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 am

Expecting lots and lots of rain in Pittsburgh Sunday, so maybe a high-scoring matchup isn't "to be".

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 am

bayz101 wrote:
Expecting lots and lots of rain in Pittsburgh Sunday, so maybe a high-scoring matchup isn't "to be".

That means that Ben will throw for 300 yards and three touchdowns the Skins will not be expecting it. Going to be an INTENSE Sunday 1797695198

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

I'll be there in person to watch Ben light it up. Section 104....GO STEELERS!

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:16 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I agree. He is like a young Vick with better pocket presence but he's still a rookie and if we keep pressure on him I think we win the game. After saying that I have something to say to all of our receivers: CATCH THE BALL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

You guys going to get a game link up and running? Im unable to get this game. Thanks!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

If we can get enough pressure from both OLB and we make him stay in the pocket we should be fine.

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:04 am

fer69 wrote:
If we can get enough pressure from both OLB and we make him stay in the pocket we should be fine.

Considering he's a running QuarterBack, pressure in the pocket may flush him out and force him to beat us with his legs. We don't need to pressure him...we need to SLAUGHTER him. Going to be an INTENSE Sunday 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Going to be an INTENSE Sunday   Going to be an INTENSE Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to be an INTENSE Sunday
Page 1 of 1