Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRyan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 am

By Frank Schwab | Shutdown Corner – 7 hours ago

Every borderline hit in the NFL is watched repeatedly, for clues on whether a hit is vicious and dirty and a threat to player safety, or just part of a sometimes violent game.

Did the defensive player hit with his shoulder or helmet? Did he aim at the offensive player's head? Is a shot below the neck good and legal, or is it worth a penalty (and perhaps more, because the league office is going to watch the hit a few times as well) because the offensive player was defenseless?

CBS showed Pittsburgh safety Ryan Clark's hit on Giants receiver Victor Cruz repeatedly after it happened, looking for answers. Clark was given a 15-yard penalty for his hit on Cruz in the end zone, which happened right after Pittsburgh batted down a pass on third down. The Giants took advantage of the automatic first down and scored a touchdown.

The replay just brought about more ambiguity.

Clark didn't go for Cruz's head, nor did he use his head to strike the blow. He used his shoulder to hit Cruz in the ribs. Cruz was hurt on the play (he did return soon after) but that doesn't make it illegal. And the batted pass technically hadn't touched the ground when Clark delivered the hit.

(Read More and Watch Video:) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ryan-clark-crushes-unsuspecting-victor-cruz-dirty-hit-014713182--nfl.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is Frank Schwab Tom Brady's boyfriend? Seriously? "More ambiguity"? This dude needs to stop pulling his panties up so high they obscure his vision. This is the kind of bullshit Roger Goodell is creating in this league. An environment where ANY hard hit is tossed up for debate as an illegal hit. There was nothing wrong with Ryan Clark's hit. He led with the shoulder and hit him in the ribs. The ball was also tipped which makes the "defenseless receiver" call a non-issue. One of many terrible calls by the officials on the night. Thankfully, most of the comments I saw were calling it a legal hit from both Giants and Steelers fans.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 am

The No Fun League in full effect. With Goodell being there, I'm sure the ref's felt the need to act like the flag throwing pussies he is turning this league into.

Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Goodell is screwing up this game of Football we all came to love....I say send the lynch mob!
:mob:

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Yet there was a helmet to helmet hit very similar to Wallace and they pulled the flag. Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  798776511 Phantom fumble where an illegal block in the back was not called. Phantom DPI call on K. Lewis and he never laid a hand on the guy. We didn't beat the Giants, We beat the refs. Goodell can go pound salt up his ass that scumbag POS. I don't mean this in a bad way or nothin'.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

of course it was a dirty hit Rolling Eyes

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 pm

solardave wrote:
Yet there was a helmet to helmet hit very similar to Wallace and they pulled the flag. Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  798776511 Phantom fumble where an illegal block in the back was not called. Phantom DPI call on K. Lewis and he never laid a hand on the guy. We didn't beat the Giants, We beat the refs. Goodell can go pound salt up his ass that scumbag POS. I don't mean this in a bad way or nothin'.

You should really stop holding back, Dave. Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  1072540953 Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  1797695198

No doubt we beat the refs and the Giants last night. The refs all but handed the G-Men 2 touchdowns in that game. Terrible and embarrassing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?    Ryan Clark crushes an unsuspecting Victor Cruz: dirty hit or legal play?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1