Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFamily or Football? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Family or Football?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Family or Football? Empty
PostSubject: Family or Football?   Family or Football? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 am

Quote :
Charles Tillman said that if his wife goes into labor Sunday, he won’t play in the Chicago Bears game against Houston. You know what that makes him? Good. Very, very good. I’d give the idea one Facebook-like right now. Thumbs up.

Up Next0 'Family first' for BearsHear from Lovie Smith and more on Charles Tillman.Share'Family first' for Bears
Hear from Lovie Smith and more on Charles Tillman.

Date 10 hrs ago, Duration 0:37, Views 476

Video by: Fox Sports

Mike Florio, of NBC and Pro Football Talk wouldn’t. He said that football players should plan their “nine-month family expansion activities’’ so that potential childbirth doesn’t conflict with the football season. Florio said Tillman chose this profession and owes loyalty to his teammates by showing up for work at the games.

Well, then, I guess that makes Tillman bad. Very, very bad.

The story that played out about Tillman the past few days has been so typical. It is reflective of our tendency to over-simplify by creating an argument as fast as humanly possible.

First off, if Tillman blows off the Bears game Sunday night, then he will be doing the right thing. We’ve done enough damage in this society with the mentality that sports come first. If Tillman wants to put his family first, then good for him.

Read more: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-charles-tillman-right-to-choose-birth-of-child-over-game-110812

There is nothing that comes before the birth of a child. And for Florio to suggest that players should plan the extension of their families is absolutley ridiculous. That would be similar to someone saying he should do the same thing since he reports on the NFL, his family life should be planned around the NFL schedule.

I swear some people freakin' amaze me! Family or Football? 1505004552

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Family or Football? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Family or Football?
Page 1 of 1