Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change

Go down 
+4
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Bays
Buddha Bus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:18 pm

By Mark Kaboly
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 2:40 p.m.

Mike Wallace was not informed by the Steelers’ coaching staff, including Mike Tomlin, about being listed on the depth chart as a co-starter at wide receiver with Emmanuel Sanders.

“Nope,” said Wallace when asked if Tomlin informed him of the unusual listing on the team’s official depth chart.

Wallace said he wasn’t aware of the change until he arrived at the team’s practice facility today.

“It wasn’t that long ago that I heard,” Wallace said. “It doesn’t matter (who told me) because I know now.”

Running back Rashard Mendenhall, who was shifted from first team to third team, said he was informed of the change by Tomlin.

Wallace managed only one catch during a 20-14 loss to Cleveland, and that came on the final play of the game. Wallace has eight catches for 48 yards in his past three games.

Wallace said he wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t start this weekend against Baltimore.

Read more: http://triblive.com/home/3032963-74/wallace-team-chart-depth-informed-tomlin-doesn-final-maybe-mike#ixzz2DYR1aEID
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Sit his ass. He needs some motivation, and i'm sure a backup will gladly fight for a job in his spot and put out some effort. Maybe he'll be focused come playoffs.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏tweeted this quote from Wallace regarding being demoted as a form of motivation:

Quote :
"That kind of stuff doesn't push me."

I can't find that quote from any other source, but it doesn't matter whether or not it's accurate. There's other legitimate quotes I've read tonight that I don't like. From the article in this thread:

Quote :
“I feel like I work hard every single day,” Wallace said. “I don’t lag, I don’t play at practice. I do what I need to do. I work hard every single day. I am going to play the same way I have been playing. I think I will be fine that way. You go out and try to prove stuff, you will be trying too hard.”

I believe that he shows up and works hard at practice. If he didn't, we would have heard about it by now. The part of his quote that bothers me is this:

"I am going to play the same way I have been playing. I think I will be fine that way."

Uh, no! Even if he was playing at a high level, which he isn't, a pro athlete should never be happy with where he's at. He should always strive to be better. That's what separates good players from great players. That's what turns great players into legendary players. I think either Wallace is butt hurt and is being defiant, or he's clueless about how he's been playing. I really hope it's the first one. You can get over being butt hurt. It's much harder to get over being stupid.

Even HE can't be happy with his level of play this season. He needs to get his head on straight. This is his opportunity to do so.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm

You are right on Wally. Hines always said he strived to get better each game. This kind of upsets me. I really started to like Wallace, even though he held out. I still think he is extremely talented and am starting to believe that his playing is lackluster because he doesn't really want to be with the Steelers for whatever reason. I can't get inside the guy's head, but if he wanted to stay and get a good contract, I would think he would be doing everything to prove he was worth it. He probably wants to go catch for the Brady bunch.

Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 am

Quote :
"I am going to play the same way I have been playing. I think I will be fine that way."

Sounds like something Randy Moss would say.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 am

Quote :

That's how you be great. Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 294855916

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 am

Mendenhall, Wallace Taking Demotions In Stride
November 28, 2012 8:20 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — It’s Ravens’ week once again, and the Steelers are making some changes to their lineup.

Head Coach Mike Tomlin demoted two star players on Tuesday who seem to be taking it in stride, and we’re still waiting to see if there will be a change at quarterback.

Ben Roethlisberger threw the football at practice on Wednesday, but that was about it. He spent the rest of the day either watching or in the trainer’s room.

But for the rest of the team, this was the first day Tomlin’s demotions took effect.

After their lackluster performances on Sunday in Cleveland, Rashard Mendenhall and Mike Wallace practiced on Wednesday for the first time as third-string running back and co-starting wide receiver.

Both seemed to handle the demotion similar styles.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/11/28/mendenhall-wallace-taking-demotions-in-stride/

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 am

Drama Queen Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 1378315869

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 am

Wallace happy with his play? Demotion won't motivate him? Ladies and gentleman, this is where we send him to the Practice Squad.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 am

bayz101 wrote:
Wallace happy with his play? Demotion won't motivate him? Ladies and gentleman, this is where we send him to the Practice Squad.

What would that accomplish? Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 2829330259

I'm pretty sure Wallace isn't even practice squad eligible and even if he was, you may as well just cut him outright as another team would just scoop him up before the word "squad" came out of Tomlin's mouth at the press conference. It would be pointless. Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

bayz101 wrote:
Ladies and gentleman, this is where we send him to the Practice Squad.

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm pretty sure Wallace isn't even practice squad eligible

Veteran players aren't eligible for the practice squad.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Ladies and gentleman, this is where we send him to the Practice Squad.

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm pretty sure Wallace isn't even practice squad eligible

Veteran players aren't eligible for the practice squad.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good teaching moment, Wally. Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 pm

I was being severely sarcastic. The emotions barely work on this PS3, lol.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
#Steelers depth chart remains the same including Mike Wallace as co-starter with Emmanuel Sanders.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Figured it would. Brown didn't seem to have great acceleration coming off the line. He's probably either rusty or still sore. Probably a little of both.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Quite honestly, I like the 3-receiver set, especially when Ben comes back. What's harder than trying to cover Brown and Wallace? Trying to cover Brown, Wallace, AND Sanders. It's not as hard to defend when used only in obvious passing situations. And I still want to see some 4-receiver sets with Plax. Or how about the occasional 5-receiver set with Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Plax, and Rainey? We've got the weapons. Let's use them.

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quite honestly, I like the 3-receiver set, especially when Ben comes back. What's harder than trying to cover Brown and Wallace? Trying to cover Brown, Wallace, AND Sanders. It's not as hard to defend when used only in obvious passing situations. And I still want to see some 4-receiver sets with Plax. Or how about the occasional 5-receiver set with Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Plax, and Rainey? We've got the weapons. Let's use them.

I would love to see the same how in the hell could they cover our guys if Ben has the protection and time to throw the ball. If we done this then Miller would be open all day long underneath. I guess maybe we are saving the best for last, we will see when Ben gets back.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

And then throw in Miller as a quick release...these weapons can hurt someone.

Here's my thing on Wallace.
1. He's still a deep threat and has to be recognized as such.
2. Eventually he's going to get through this struggle he's having. It's apparently mental, and someone needs to get him over this block he's got (like the movie 'The Replacements' we need some stick um to help with this issue)
3. I'm not too worried about his drops, but I'm more worried about his mental state. He seems to be as emotionally weak as a kicker right now
4. Wallace has an opportunity to deflect some of this negative light, but the only way he's going to do it is to play lights out over the next 4 games, and throughout the playoffs (as long as we make it there)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm

People shouldn't be so hard on Wallace this week. He caught some tough catches on the game-winning drive, and in my opinion, that's all that matters. Sure he dropped a pass, but he deserves a pass for showing up when we needed it the most.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change   Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1