Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home"The Handshake."  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

"The Handshake."

Go down 
+14
JonM229
Kornbread
SteelersYak
Drizztbob
Buddha Bus
solardave
steelerdude15
effyou515
fer69
Wallace108
stlrtruck
jgm820
SteelCityMom
Bays
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 am

"The Handshake."  Bili2q

SteelCityMom

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 am

The snub heard 'round the world..."The Handshake."  1797695198

jgm820
Xtreme Newb

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 am

That's funny...

Tomlin's all "got a plane to catch" buh bye...

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am

It's regular season, no need to be all in the middle talking about it. Get in the showers, get on the bus, get back to Da 'Burgh before some looney ratbird fan eggs the bus.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION "The Handshake."  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 am

Has anyone heard anymore about this? My guess is that Tomlin's dismissal of Harbaugh had something to do with the couple of cheap shots on Batch. That's just a guess.

Personally, I like the animosity. There's too much buddy-buddy with the other team in today's NFL. Can you imagine Jack Lambert going into the other team's locker room and joking around with them after a loss (like Ryan Clark did after losing to the Ravens in the first game)? Maybe that kind of stuff did go on back in the day, but we just never heard about it because the media wasn't as prevalent. But seeing Tomlin and Harbaugh after the game made me think back to the days of Noll, Glanville, and Wyche. Man, those guys hated each other. Those were fun times.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am

I didn't like it "The Handshake."  2087824411 Tomlin is better than that I would expect that from harbaugh but not from Tomlin

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

stlrtruck wrote:
It's regular season, no need to be all in the middle talking about it. Get in the showers, get on the bus, get back to Da 'Burgh before some looney ratbird fan eggs the bus.

hey man, egging the bus thats an Atlanta thing. "The Handshake."  1378315869
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 am

bayz101 wrote:
"The Handshake."  Bili2q

looks like fuck you cock sucker hand shake to me.

sorry if i affended any cock suckers out there.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am

Looks like Harbaugh went back after him. "The Handshake."  1797695198

steelerdude15

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 am

I really don't see what the issue is. They shook hands and said good game, o well.

Wallace108

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 pm

steelerdude15 wrote:
I really don't see what the issue is. They shook hands and said good game, o well.
You didn't see Harbaugh continue to hold onto Tomlin's hand and then pull him back? You didn't see the way Harbaugh continued to stare at Tomlin as he walked away? "The Handshake."  2829330259

They shake hands.

Harbaugh says: "Congratulations."

Tomlin ignores him and starts to continue on. Harbaugh pulls him back in and says:

"Hey, hey, hey, I said congratulations."

Tomlin says: "Thank you. Good job." and then walks away.

Harbaugh continues to stare at him, obviously not pleased with the exchange.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Tomlin was obviously in a hurry to get to the locker room. Harbaugh pulling him was unnecessary.

solardave

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:00 pm

The only problem I have is if this was about the cheapshots Tomlin should have addressed the issue. Other wise screw the entire Harbaugh family cause they have no class. His brother is a real POS too.

He was glad they broke Ben's jaw, REMEMBER!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Or tossing Gatorade around all willy-nilly. "The Handshake."  3798349058

solardave wrote:
The only problem I have is if this was about the cheapshots Tomlin should have addressed the issue. Other wise screw the entire Harbaugh family cause they have no class. His brother is a real POS too.

He was glad they broke Ben's jaw, REMEMBER!!!

This. I have no problem with Tomlin giving Harbaugh the ol' drive-by fuck off. Harbaugh's a whiny, classless bitch who never admits defeat. It's always "boo hoo, the refs screwed us" or "we didn't lose, we beat ourselves" or "we were the better team regardless of the outcome". Guy's a tool and deserves to be treated as such.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm

The more I watch that video the more I love it. Harbaugh is such a classless POS. Everything about Tomlin's reaction screamed, "Yeah, you really don't matter." "The Handshake."  1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The more I watch that video the more I love it. Harbaugh is such a classless POS. Everything about Tomlin's reaction screamed, "Yeah, you really don't matter." "The Handshake."  1797695198

Harbaugh can always have his players dump a cooler of Frost Riptide Rush on him to make him feel better. "The Handshake."  3798349058

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:24 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/02/tomlin-harbaugh-testy-handshake/1741585/

Says it all.

solardave

solardave

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am

Drizztbob wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/02/tomlin-harbaugh-testy-handshake/1741585/

Says it all.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 am

Harbaugh was still just salty that he wasn't being bathed in Gatorade.

Buddha Bus

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:24 am

Quote :
Mark Kaboly (via Sulia)

Harbaugh explains Handshake-Gate
Baltimore coach John Harbaugh was asked about the now infamous handshake exchange with Mike Tomlin at his Monday news conference.

“They played very well and I made a point to congratulate him on it,” Harbaugh said. “Hopefully he accepted that. It was all good.”

When pressed on the issue, Harbaugh elaborated.

“I really don’t know about the handshake agendas,” Harbaugh said. “I felt fine about it. It was fine. I just wanted to make sure he knew that we congratulated him and that’s it.”

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/b79775a9-9202-450b-bba6-ca96c7e4ac01/?source=twitter

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 am

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Ravens believe Mike Tomlin disrespected their coach John Harbaugh. Ravens posted clip of post-game handshake on their web site

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 am

So having your players give your coach a gatorade bath after a regular season victory is not disrespectful but giving a minimal hand shake is?

Here's what this boil downs to:
1. The ratbirds standard is beating the Steelers
2. The Steelers standard is winning more SBs

It was an emotional victory, especially given the circumstances, maybe the players and coaches were overly excited and Coach Harbaugh didn't get the warm fuzzy he desires after losing at home.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION "The Handshake."  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am

bayz101 wrote:
"The Handshake."  Bili2q

Yea it does scream "Kiss off you jack ass". I like it....it's football......it's a war......and Roger Godell wants to turn it into a spooning fest. Maybe John Harbaugh will go crying to Godell? Who cares? I would of liked it better if Tomlin gave Harbaugh a wedgie! It's a fact these teams hate each other and I say keep it that way! It sells tickets...Right?

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

It's also just a game. I've seen plenty of games end where players who were destroying each other on the field yuck it up during the handshakes. Harbaugh can cry like a little bitch all he wants.

However, these games have been less hostile recently. I love Ravens-Steelers games when each team is trying to kill the other one. Maybe this will bring back the "Whichever team can assert their will over the other team wins" type of games. Those were always entertaining.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm

JonM229 wrote:
It's also just a game. I've seen plenty of games end where players who were destroying each other on the field yuck it up during the handshakes. Harbaugh can cry like a little bitch all he wants.

However, these games have been less hostile recently. I love Ravens-Steelers games when each team is trying to kill the other one. Maybe this will bring back the "Whichever team can assert their will over the other team wins" type of games. Those were always entertaining.

You're right, Jon. Something seems to have been lacking in the past few Steelers/Ravens games. I think some of it is that some of the most notorious players have been missing lately for different reasons (Ben, Ray-Ray, Hines, Bart Scott, Farrior, Troy in game 1). You take intense guys like that out of the equation and there's bound to be a drop-off in the level of intensity and animosity on the field.

We are seeing a changing of the guard on both teams and there may be a slight ebbing of the hate tides between the players as the young guys haven't fully developed that heated and vocal hatred that the aging and retiring vets had.

It won't take much to start it up again. Incidents like these will help to get the fire started again and the fans will always be there to fan the flames. The hatred between the fanbases will never recede. That's the way I like it and want it. It makes the games so much more fun and that's something you and I can definitely agree on. "The Handshake."  230572241

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"The Handshake."  Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Handshake."    "The Handshake."  Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Handshake."
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: