Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm

December 11, 2012 1:20 pm
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Coach Mike Tomlin will have to do more than juggle his offensive line for Sunday's game in Dallas; he will have to do much the same with his secondary because of the possibility of losing another cornerback.

Guard Willie Colon, who aggravated a left knee injury against the San Diego Chargers, had surgery Monday and will miss at least the next two games and probably the rest of the regular season.

Tomlin said they will wait to see how Colon's knee responds to the surgery before making a determination if he can play again this season.

Also, cornerback Cortez Allen, who has replaced injured starter Ike Taylor, has a hip flexor injury that Tomlin said could keep him out of the game against the Cowboys. Taylor will miss his second game in a row with a hairline fracture of his right ankle.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis also sustained a hip flexor injury against the Chargers, but Tomlin indicated his injury is not as severe.

He said Allen's injury will force the Steelers to get Curtis Brown, Josh Victorian and DeMarcus Van Dyke ready to play in the secondary. Brown, who moved up to nickel back with Taylor's injury, was eventually benched against the Chargers because he struggled in coverage, especially on third down.

Tomlin said the Steelers might have to simplify their defense to make sure his inexperienced cornerbacks don't struggle as they did against the Chargers, who converted 12 of 22 third downs.

"It's not about what we call; it's about what they can execute," Tomlin said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-outlines-more-injuries-to-steelers-665884/#ixzz2Emc3MYNA

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

More injuries? Why not?!?!?!? Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm

DRINK MILK PEOPLE! I swear its like the geriatric ward with all of these busted hips and injuries on this team! Does everyone have osteoporosis or something??

Who the hell is the conditioning coach??!! Should we find some Mr. Miagee from the Far East to come over and lay some Eastern medicine down on these people? I swear to God, our team has some type of jinx over them or something. Either that or they all sat around and said, who's turn is it to take a few weeks off?

I know the game and speed has changed, but you NEVER saw this many injuries pile up in one season to one team back in the day. Were they just tougher then or just didn't know better, or both??

I'd love to hear what the old guys have to say about all these hip flexors, mild sprains, fractures, and bleeding vag's that are keeping our guys off the field.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:31 am

and just when I thought the injury bug had departed Pittsburgh.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 pm

next up the practice squad. Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers 1505004552

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm

effyou515 wrote:
next up the practice squad. Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers 1505004552

What do the Jacksonville Jaguars have to do with this? Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers   Tomlin outlines more injuries to Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1