Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” Empty
PostSubject: Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”   Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 2, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT

Wearing a few goofy dance outfits hasn’t suddenly turned Hines Ward soft. Like his Steelers teammates, he expressed displeasure about the recent rule that will fine teams for excessive player safety violations.

“I mean, I understand they’re trying to bring safety to the game, but you can’t bring safety to a game that’s a violent sport already. When you have two grown men traveling at 20 miles per hour on a head-on collision, guess what, something in your body is going to hurt,” Ward told WCNN in Atlanta, via Sport RadioInterviews.com.

The league has taken a lot of justified criticism for their handling of concussions and player safety in the past, especially from former players. The league is now taking heat from current players, but that’s to be expected.

“It’s a violent sport. If you want to protect it, we need to play flag football,” Ward says.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/02/hines-ward-only-way-to-protect-players-is-flag-football/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”   Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am

I play semi-contact flag football... and that stuff is still rough.

Goodell better not meddle in my league though.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”   Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I play semi-contact flag football... and that stuff is still rough.

Goodell better not meddle in my league though.

You'd better start sizing dresses now, Weebles. The pussification continues and it's surely going to trickle down eventually. Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”   Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football” Empty

Back to top Go down

Hines Ward: Only way to protect players is “flag football”
Page 1 of 1