Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWorilds prepared for heavy lifting Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Worilds prepared for heavy lifting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Worilds prepared for heavy lifting Empty
PostSubject: Worilds prepared for heavy lifting   Worilds prepared for heavy lifting EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:37 am

By Ralph N. Paulk

Steelers linebacker Jason Worilds has spent the offseason preparing to prove he is ready to assume the starting job at right outside linebacker.

Worilds, a second-round draft pick in 2010, is considered the likely candidate to replace former All-Pro James Harrison, who was released earlier this year after nearly a decade with the Steelers.

Worilds has had chances to audition for the position the past three seasons. Even though he put together perhaps his best season in 2012, the Virginia Tech product was still slowed some by nagging injuries that have dogged him throughout his career.

Worilds was limited some last year by a wrist injury. Also, he worked his way back from an injured quadriceps muscle in 2011 and played sparingly during his rookie year because of knee and shoulder injuries.

“With the injuries, you can't always put your best foot forward physically,” said Worilds, who expects to participate in May's OTAs at the team's training facility. “If you can be where you need to be physically and put yourself in the right place, it can negate a lot of mistakes.

“It's important for me to stay mentally sharp with my game. I played with some pain the last two seasons, but that's not unusual in the NFL.

“It was tough for me because I know I can do more,” Worilds said. “This game is one in which you have be at 100 percent physically fit to do the things you know you can do.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/ncaa/3824549-74/worilds-steelers-harrison#ixzz2Qcb8Bv8z
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Worilds prepared for heavy lifting
Page 1 of 1