Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWoodley putting in the effort for Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers   Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:01 am

Quote :
By Dan Gigler / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Having absorbed criticism for a perceived lack of fitness in 2012, Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Saturday he's "getting after it" with his offseason conditioning, hoping to avoid the injuries that sidelined him for stretches of the past two seasons.

"My offseason is going great. I'm looking forward to getting back with the team in a few weeks," Woodley said. "I've been training since the middle of February. ... It was a disappointing season being 8-8 and not making the playoffs. It was disappointing at the end of the day."

Woodley missed three full games and most of two others last season due to ankle and hamstring injuries; he also missed six in 2011. Questions arose about his fitness, and he was anonymously blasted as "terrible" by a teammate in a Post-Gazette column in February.

"My thing was during the season when I hurt my ankle, I said that I wanted to come back stronger next year. Some injuries you can't predict or avoid, but, during the season, I said this offseason I'd be determined to get after it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/woodley-putting-in-the-effort-for-steelers-686295/#ixzz2SQlVr7g1

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers   Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm

I really hope he can come back this year in shape. If he's in better shape and has lost weight, he'll be more productive, faster, and will suffer less injuries.

Woodley putting in the effort for Steelers
Page 1 of 1