Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSpence expects to play in 2013 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Spence expects to play in 2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Spence expects to play in 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:30 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Sean Spence's coaches appear split over whether the linebacker's mangled left knee will be ready to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013.

Spence, however, has no such concerns.

''The goal is for me to play this season,'' Spence said Wednesday during organized team activities. ''That's the way I'm preparing.''

Though he declined to mark a specific return date, Spence insists he can see the finish line for his recovery from a gruesome injury that cut short his rookie year before it even began. Spence was blitzing late in the third quarter of the team's final preseason game against Carolina when his knee gave out and bent awkwardly.

The third-round pick out of Miami (Fla.) needed to be taken off the field on a stretcher after tearing all three major ligaments and sustaining extensive nerve damage in the knee.

''I knew right away that something wasn't right,'' Spence said. ''The knee went back. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it should have hurt, but I think I was in shock more than anything.''

So were the Steelers, who were hoping Spence could become the eventual successor to James Farrior at inside linebacker. Instead he spent all of Pittsburgh's disappointing 8-8 season wearing a brace and wondering if his career was in jeopardy.

That doesn't appear to be an issue anymore. At least, not to Spence.

''I know a lot of people have not been able to come back after damage like that, but I'm going to see if I can be one of the only ones,'' he said. ''Actually, I know that I'm going to beat the odds. I'm not really worried about that.''

READ MORE: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injured-steelers-lb-spence-expects-183217520--nfl.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:02 am

That would be great if he can make it back. I had high hopes for him. Now even more because he's the under dog.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:13 am

I'm really pulling for him, but I'd be shocked if he steps on the field this season. I'll be happy if he's able to play next season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:26 pm

I'd rather him take the year off imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 am

I would like for him to return when he is one hundred percent healthy.

PostSubject: Re: Spence expects to play in 2013   Spence expects to play in 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spence expects to play in 2013
Page 1 of 1