Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft Empty
PostSubject: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

It has been said that the reason the NFL moved its 2014 draft from the typical late-April date to mid-May is because of a conflict with an Easter show at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. It has been said there exists the probability of future conflicts at Radio City as well. It has been said the NFL could respond to this either by moving the draft into May permanently to accommodate Radio City, or it could look for another venue in New York City, or it could look for another city – or some rotation of other cities – to host the draft.

If the draft indeed is to vacate New York City, Steelers President Art Rooney II believes Pittsburgh should be in the mix.

“Sure, I’d like to see the draft move around (to other cities), and I would love to see it come to Pittsburgh some time,” said Rooney. “It’s a great event and attracts tremendous fan interest. It would be a fun event for Pittsburgh to host, and I think our city could do a great job with it.”

For now, that’s all speculation, but what is certain is this: there is going to be a change to the NFL offseason calendar in 2014, and those changes are going to require teams to adjust.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Rooney-Pittsburgh-could-host-the-draft/e3884d06-7654-416b-a87e-851a5f34ac58

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 am

That would be awesome! I wouldn't mind the draft being moved to Pittsburgh, I mean damn we do own the most Lombardi's!!!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:29 pm

has it always been in NYC?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:45 pm

vasteeler wrote:
has it always been in NYC?
Not always, but I'm not sure exactly when it started being held in New York.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:19 pm

keep the draft in May and the Superbowl winner hosts the draft that year.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I'd love for Pittsburgh to host the draft one year. It would be great for the city because city would receive extra revenue for the few days its there. It would more people to visit the city as well.

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft   Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Rooney: Pittsburgh could host the draft
Page 1 of 1