Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStarkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet Empty
PostSubject: Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet   Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:53 am

By Joe Starkey

Cris Carter had the quote of the night Monday. Asked on the ESPN set how much trouble the Steelers are in these days, Carter said, “On a scale of 1-to-10? Let's go Isiah Thomas, No. 11.”

That was before their 20-10 loss.

If it was hard to argue with Carter's assessment then, it's harder now. The Steelers stink. But so does the rest of the AFC, save for the Broncos and maybe the Bengals. I could see the Patriots*, Bengals, Texans and Broncos winning their divisions, and then what?

Here's what: A bunch of teams hanging around .500 and hoping to do the Victor Cruz Salsa, circa 2011, come January. That's basically what you need to do in the modern-day NFL — sneak into the playoffs like Cruz's 2011 Giants and get hot.

Sad as they are, the Steelers could hang around. They could even wake up Monday tied for first in the AFC North if they beat the Bears while the Bengals lose to the Packers and the Ravens lose to the Texans. Not an unrealistic scenario.

Still, only three teams since 1990 have gone from 0-3 to the playoffs, which makes Sunday's game feel like a must-win.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/4717450-74/steelers-tomlin-game#ixzz2fFDVD7uP

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet   Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Even if they lose, I wouldn't count them out. This team finds a way to surprise me.

Although I think this week is the turn around point.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Starkey: Don't bury wretched Steelers yet
Page 1 of 1