Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTackle rotation gets players' attention Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tackle rotation gets players' attention

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Tackle rotation gets players' attention Empty
PostSubject: Tackle rotation gets players' attention   Tackle rotation gets players' attention EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 am

Quote :
By Mark Kaboly

Marcus Gilbert was embarrassed. And Mike Adams said it was a terrible feeling.

To Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, it was mission accomplished.

Tomlin's unorthodox and rarely, if ever, used practice of rotating a backup offensive lineman into both tackle spots on alternating series during the first half of last week's loss to the Bears got the attention of the underachieving former second-round picks.

“Obviously, (Tomlin) is sending out a message to us,” Gilbert said. “I know for me, I am not going to allow that to happen again.”

For the people who made last week's personnel decisions (Tomlin, offensive coordinator Todd Haley and offensive line coach Jack Bicknell Jr.), it's time to see how their bookend tackles respond.

“Let's face it, that's what this business is all about — competition,” Bicknell said. “To me, it is positive — let's find out who is playing the best out of you three, and everybody is motivated in the process.”

That's why the carousel at tackle is expected to continue Sunday when the Steelers play the Vikings at London's Wembley Stadium. Gilbert and Adams will start, but Beachum, a seventh-round pick last year, will find his way into the game.

The Steelers are hoping they find a winning combination.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4778079-74/steelers-gilbert-adams#ixzz2g42LCkwa
Normally, I wouldn't agree with rotating linemen. Stability is one of the keys to a cohesive line. But with our line, I think extreme measures are required.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Tackle rotation gets players' attention   Tackle rotation gets players' attention EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:52 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tackle rotation gets players' attention   Tackle rotation gets players' attention EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 pm

you can say it grabbed your attention or you can prove it got your attention. I prefer the action over the words.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tackle rotation gets players' attention 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tackle rotation gets players' attention   Tackle rotation gets players' attention Empty

Back to top Go down

Tackle rotation gets players' attention
Page 1 of 1