Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers brass isn't going anywhere yet Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet Empty
PostSubject: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:31 am

By Chris Bradford

“Fire the coach.” “Fire the general manager.” “Fire the offensive coordinator.” Hell, “fire the owner’s son.” By now, fans have called for pretty much everyone’s head after the Steelers’ dismal 0-4 start.

Thing is, the Steelers are highly unlikely to dismiss anyone mid-season. That’s just not their style. There is a “Steelers Way,” pollyannish as that might sound, and it’s worked well for the franchise over the last 40 years.

Reminder: the Steelers still have six Lombardis in the lobby at their South Side facility. No other team has that. They’ve had just three coaches since 1969 and have never fired a coordinator or general manager in-season.

Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers are caught in the natural ebb and flow of today’s cyclical NFL.

The Rooney family doesn’t do knee-jerk reactions but, then again, they haven’t had a 0-4 start since the pre-Noll days. It’s a fine line to walk between arrogance and competence.

At last check, it’s the general manager -- and not the coach -- who actually drafts players.

It’s a discussion the Steelers probably weren’t hoping to have for another three or four years but circumstances can change quickly in the NFL. If the Steelers are to finish in the bottom five, do they consider drafting a potential successor to Ben Roethlisberger if another franchise quarterback can be identified? Not suggesting the Steelers will – or should – but it doesn’t seem as far-fetched as it did just a month ago. There may not be a better chance to draft this high again.

If you’re Roethlisberger, do you really want to endure a three-year rebuild? With that line?

READ MORE: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/upon-futher-review-steelers-brass-isn-t-going-anywhere-yet/article_9a08dae0-86c0-5758-b9d4-5b8cbc70164a.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

If you’re Roethlisberger, do you really want to endure a three-year rebuild? With that line?
I don't know if you posed this question or it was part of the article so if I need to fix the quote, I will.

There was an interesting point brought up during the last game. The announcer said that it doesn't matter what kind of line Ben has, he will hang onto the ball for as long as possible because he is looking for the big play. I honestly think that is a very accurate assessment of Ben. Yes, it does seem like other teams are getting to BR7 WAY faster than we get to their QBs, but I still think that if he had the time, he might just look a little deeper down the field.

The line isn't the major issue in my mind. It's having a DECENT running game and the weapons at WR.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:51 pm

If the Steelers are to finish in the bottom five, do they consider drafting a potential successor to Ben Roethlisberger if another franchise quarterback can be identified? wrote:
Yes! I said it last year. It's time to look for Ben's successor. Maybe not the #1 need right now, but if some hot shot is available, I'd take him. I love BB's style of play, but I don't see him lasting another five years with all of the injuries he has had to endure.

Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet We_bel10
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Did anyone see them going anywhere? I know a lot of people want them fired (I'm not part of that group), but it isn't going to happen.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:37 am

Whyant5 wrote:
I don't know if you posed this question or it was part of the article so if I need to fix the quote, I will.
It was part of the article, but I don't disagree with it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet   Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers brass isn't going anywhere yet
Page 1 of 1