Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers are relying more on the passing game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers are relying more on the passing game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers are relying more on the passing game Empty
PostSubject: Steelers are relying more on the passing game   Steelers are relying more on the passing game EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

Quote :
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers are trying to accomplish something highly unusual by overcoming long odds to do it.

Make the playoffs after starting 2-6? Oh, that, too, but they are going about it in an odd way. They are trying to pass their way into the postseason.

Never have the Steelers been more unbalanced on offense, where their passing game ranks eighth in the NFL and their ground game 30th, their lowest ranking since at least 30 teams comprised the NFL. Not only that, they have ranked as high as eighth passing only one other time this century (2002) when they also had a reputable ground game that ranked ninth.

Air Roethlisberger has taken flight! Ben Roethlisberger, with 3,118 yards passing, is on pace to break his own team record of 4,328 yards. Antonio Brown, with 80 catches for 1,044 yards, is on pace to break both team records. Jerricho Cotchery has a career-high seven touchdown catches. Emmanuel Sanders already has a career-high 48 receptions.

Good, but not in Peyton Manning’s or Tom Brady’s league? Check again. Roethlisberger has completed 47 passes of 20 yards or more, which is tied for the most in the NFL with Manning and Philip Rivers. He also is one of five quarterbacks in the league with more than 3,000 yards passing.

This comes after a concerted effort from the top down to improve a ground game that was below Steelers par. Instead, the running game has gotten worse, and the Steelers are relying more and more on Roethlisberger’s right arm, even to the point where they have used the no-huddle offense more frequently the past two weeks.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/11/27/The-Steelers-are-relying-more-on-the-passing-game-even-in-wintry-weather/stories/201311270093#ixzz2lovwwboz
Late in the Bills game, the camera showed Ben and Haley on the sideline. They were standing next to each other talking. And in that moment, a crazy thought entered my mind ... they look like two good friends standing around and just BSing. The image seemed odd considering what we know about last season and how poorly the team had been performing this season. It's hard to explain what I mean, but they both looked pleased, and they both looked comfortable with each other.

I'm convinced that the problems between them last season are gone. They're on the same page and things are starting to click. The offense is only going to get better, especially as the O-line and running game improve.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers are relying more on the passing game   Steelers are relying more on the passing game EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 am

Lets hope you're right...now should I go to the game tomorrow or not? Family or football??? Hmmm

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers are relying more on the passing game   Steelers are relying more on the passing game EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:41 am

GO TO THE FREAKIN' GAME!! Family should understand...especially if you have tickets!

If not, send them to me, and I'll have a conversation with them!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers are relying more on the passing game 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers are relying more on the passing game   Steelers are relying more on the passing game EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:43 am

I've got $50 tix that are mine if I want them. But the wife is really breaking my balls about going...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers are relying more on the passing game   Steelers are relying more on the passing game Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers are relying more on the passing game
Page 1 of 1