Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
SteelersYak
Steeltown beatdown
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steeltown beatdown

UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 am

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=pittsburgh-steelers&id=5564&src=desktop
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:16 am

Even without MJD, I think Blount would make a nice one-two combo with Bell.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:40 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to Blount joining the team.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:53 pm

At this point, I'll be happy with anyone they can sign who is halfway decent. Right now, we have no one behind Bell.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 pm

I remember going to the Steelers vs. Bucs game a few years ago and Blount came out killing it on some plays. I like his bruising style and his preference of delivering a blow vs. running out of bounds.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:53 pm

He would make a great #2 behind Bell. He's a bruiser. I don't think we can afford him though.
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:05 pm

NE and B-More want him too, so hopefully we sign him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:29 pm

It's official, Blount is a Steeler:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Running-Back-LeGarrette-Blount/5dbd1de7-3820-49c7-bc76-800671d018e8

The Steelers signed running back LeGarrette Blount to a two-year contract, the team announced today. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Blount (6-0, 250) was originally signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Oregon on April 26, 2010. After being released by the Titans prior to the start of the regular season, Blount was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on September 6, 2010. He played for Tampa Bay for three seasons (2010-12) and was traded to the New England Patriots* on April 27, 2013.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:29 pm

I like it.

I remember watching him against the Steelers a few years ago here in Tampa, and he had a punishing style about him. Makes me excited about our running game in 2014

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Glad we got him.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 pm

I really like this signing. 3rd down bruising back for a reliever and goal line vulture. Gonna be fun to watch. WELCOME ABOARD!

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

I like the signing as well.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Blount is an upgrade to what we had last year, so I like the signing as well. I was naively hoping for Jones-Drew, but at the end of the day, Blount might be the better option.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 am

Good deal. Now we should have a running game. If him and Bell both stay healthy I think they will compliment each other.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Blount is an upgrade to what we had last year, so I like the signing as well. I was naively hoping for Jones-Drew, but at the end of the day, Blount might be the better option.

Definite upgrade over what we had last year. I was a big fan of Dwyer getting drafted by the Steelers because he just stomped over the opposition in college. However, he never quite lived up to the expectations in the pros. He ran extremely hard last year after he was brought back from being cut ... but it seems it was a little too late to start putting in an effort.

Blount is a load and a very athletic big man. I want to see Will Johnson and Blount in the I formation or offset in short yardage and run off Foster on the left side with DeCastro pulling. Wouldn't you think they could pick up a yard?  UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers 2087824411 

Now they just need to find their speedster as a change-of-pace back. I'm sure Haley probably thinks he can't catch a break. First Rainey decides it's a good idea to slap his girlfriend around, then Stephens-Howling blows out his knee.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:21 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Definite upgrade over what we had last year. I was a big fan of Dwyer getting drafted by the Steelers because he just stomped over the opposition in college. However, he never quite lived up to the expectations in the pros. He ran extremely hard last year after he was brought back from being cut ... but it seems it was a little too late to start putting in an effort.

Blount is a load and a very athletic big man. I want to see Will Johnson and Blount in the I formation or offset in short yardage and run off Foster on the left side with DeCastro pulling. Wouldn't you think they could pick up a yard?  UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers 2087824411 

Now they just need to find their speedster as a change-of-pace back. I'm sure Haley probably thinks he can't catch a break. First Rainey decides it's a good idea to slap his girlfriend around, then Stephens-Howling blows out his knee.

I liked Dwyer too and I was surprised he got released but I think Blount should be a beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Blount signs with Steelers
Page 1 of 1