Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMunchak on why he chose the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Munchak on why he chose the Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Munchak on why he chose the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Munchak on why he chose the Steelers   Munchak on why he chose the Steelers EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 am

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

Mike Munchak didn’t need a job, and so he wasn’t going to take any job just to have one. But he still loves football, even after playing it professionally for 12 years, and he still wanted to coach it on the professional level, despite having just been fired by the only NFL team he ever had known.

And besides, the Pittsburgh Steelers had an opening.

This serendipitous bit of good fortune set a process in motion that resulted in Munchak joining Mike Tomlin’s staff as the Steelers’ offensive line coach, which remains the most significant development of the team’s offseason.

“A lot of it is about timing,” said Munchak. “I was available, and the Steelers had an opening at the same time. Pittsburgh itself for me is more Pennsylvania, and being from Pennsylvania I have a lot of family and friends who live in this part of the country. That was a huge plus for me. And then football-wise, there is the tradition. The Steelers’ tradition is something that I’ve competed against for many, many years. As a player (for the Houston Oilers), we were in the same division. I got to see first-hand what it was like, the success Pittsburgh has had over the years, year-in and year-out, always a team everyone wants to beat. I really liked that. I’m big into tradition, I think it’s important, and I was curious to see what it was all about and what it was like. To be part of that now, just getting my feet wet, (I’m) excited about the opportunity.”

This opportunity, make no mistake, is a two-way street. Sure, Mike Munchak is getting a taste of life on the Steelers’ sideline, but the Steelers are getting one of the top teachers of offensive linemen in all of football.

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Munchak-on-why-he-chose-the-Steelers/9964802f-f31f-4bb8-8f5e-0ef2af8db254

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Munchak on why he chose the Steelers   Munchak on why he chose the Steelers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:40 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

Mike Munchak didn’t need a job, and so he wasn’t going to take any job just to have one. But he still loves football, even after playing it professionally for 12 years, and he still wanted to coach it on the professional level, despite having just been fired by the only NFL team he ever had known.

And besides, the Pittsburgh Steelers had an opening.

This serendipitous bit of good fortune set a process in motion that resulted in Munchak joining Mike Tomlin’s staff as the Steelers’ offensive line coach, which remains the most significant development of the team’s offseason.

“A lot of it is about timing,” said Munchak. “I was available, and the Steelers had an opening at the same time. Pittsburgh itself for me is more Pennsylvania, and being from Pennsylvania I have a lot of family and friends who live in this part of the country. That was a huge plus for me. And then football-wise, there is the tradition. The Steelers’ tradition is something that I’ve competed against for many, many years. As a player (for the Houston Oilers), we were in the same division. I got to see first-hand what it was like, the success Pittsburgh has had over the years, year-in and year-out, always a team everyone wants to beat. I really liked that. I’m big into tradition, I think it’s important, and I was curious to see what it was all about and what it was like. To be part of that now, just getting my feet wet, (I’m) excited about the opportunity.”

This opportunity, make no mistake, is a two-way street. Sure, Mike Munchak is getting a taste of life on the Steelers’ sideline, but the Steelers are getting one of the top teachers of offensive linemen in all of football.

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Munchak-on-why-he-chose-the-Steelers/9964802f-f31f-4bb8-8f5e-0ef2af8db254

I think that pretty much nailed it right there. Crossing fingers to stay healthy as this is an issue season in and season out.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Munchak on why he chose the Steelers   Munchak on why he chose the Steelers EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:12 pm

the Steelers have had trouble stopping the Titans run game with Munchak as their o-line coach. that's means his blocking schemes can block a fast defensive front 7.

bet LeBeau is glad Munchak is now on the Steelers coaching staff now.  Munchak on why he chose the Steelers 1797695198 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munchak on why he chose the Steelers   Munchak on why he chose the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Munchak on why he chose the Steelers
Page 1 of 1