Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIke "Taylorisms" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ike "Taylorisms"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Ike "Taylorisms" Empty
PostSubject: Ike "Taylorisms"   Ike "Taylorisms" EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 am

A couple of Ike's comments in an article from behind the steel curtain. Maybe it was too early in the am for me, but I got a chuckle out of a few, especially the one about Troy:

On Troy Polamalu:
"Troy's doing good,'' Taylor said. "Troy, around this time, he's probably somewhere up in the mountains with the monks praying. So, you've got to let Troy be Troy, but when he comes back he'll be Jesus on the field.''

On James Harrison and Santonio Holmes returning to Pittsburgh:
"All I can do is be a player agent,'' Taylor said. "James Harrison probably is in the best shape. (And) Tone is looking real good. He's solid, like a little rock that can move. But James Harrison, by far, probably is the best shape that I've seen him. (So), I'm being a player agent, but that doesn't mean anybody will listen to me.''

And if they sign with the Steelers?
"Then, somebody's got to slip me something,'' Taylor said. "But cash only. Please, don't write me any checks.''

On him taking a huge pay cut this year:
"My salary is a lot of money ... for anybody,'' Taylor said. "So, I've been fortunate enough to be making a lot of money since '05. And you have to decide if you're going to put your pride aside when that time comes, and that time came. Millions are millions no matter how you look at it, and that's how I look at it.''

Read more at :http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-otas/2014/6/3/5776648/steelers-otas-news-updates-highlights-ike-taylor-comments

Ike "Taylorisms" We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Ike "Taylorisms" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ike "Taylorisms"   Ike "Taylorisms" EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm

As most people on this board are aware, I am NOT an Ike fan. That being said, in this day and age, when players can't check their egos and ever inflating over exaggerated needs at the door, I have to appreciate the fact that Ike recognized he has lost a step and rather than make a big deal about it, quietly accepted a new contract.  Ike "Taylorisms" 2276209185 

solardave

solardave

Ike "Taylorisms" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ike "Taylorisms"   Ike "Taylorisms" EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
As most people on this board are aware, I am NOT an Ike fan.  That being said, in this day and age, when players can't check their egos and ever inflating over exaggerated needs at the door, I have to appreciate the fact that Ike recognized he has lost a step and rather than make a big deal about it, quietly accepted a new contract.   Ike "Taylorisms" 2276209185 

Agreed and that stuff gave me a chuckle too, in the afternoon by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ike "Taylorisms" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ike "Taylorisms"   Ike "Taylorisms" Empty

Back to top Go down

Ike "Taylorisms"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: