Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJones looking to up sack total in 2014 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jones looking to up sack total in 2014

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Jones looking to up sack total in 2014   Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:45 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Despite leaving his graduate assistant coaching position at Colorado State this year, Joey Porter is still teaching football.

Porter, in his first season as a Steelers defensive assistant, has been charged with tutoring second-year linebacker Jarvis Jones among his primary duties. Getting to the quarterback has been the main subject for the former first-round pick.

Porter had 98 sacks during a stellar 14-year NFL career that included 60 in eight seasons with the Steelers.

Jones, a first-round pick in 2013, managed just one during an uneven rookie season. Jones and Porter both know that number needs to go up this fall.

"Pass rushing is all in believing that you can beat the guy (across from you) and executing your craft," Porter said. "You have to work at it. You can't just go out and not do any pass-rushing staff during the week and expect to go out there and get a sack on Sunday."

Jones has been a sponge where Porter is concerned. He's extremely attentive when his new coach talks and watches Porter's every move.

READ MORE: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/19/steelers-lb-jones-looking-to-up-sack-total-in-2014/10962955/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Jones looking to up sack total in 2014   Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:49 am

I wonder if he can teach the attitude and aggression that went with the position as well.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jones looking to up sack total in 2014   Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:43 am

As long as he doesn't pick up the useless trash talk I'll be happy. I always thought there were times when Porter should of just shut up and let his play talk. I'd settle for a happy medium.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jones looking to up sack total in 2014   Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 pm

solardave wrote:
As long as he doesn't pick up the useless trash talk I'll be happy. I always thought there were times when Porter should of just shut up and let his play talk. I'd settle for a happy medium.

Agreed. I didn't mind Porter's talking most of the time, but once in a while he'd say something that made me think, "Just shut up and play!" I prefer a player like Troy, who doesn't trash talk and let's his play do all the talking. But a lot of players aren't going to be like Troy. If they are going to trash talk, they'd better back it up.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones looking to up sack total in 2014   Jones looking to up sack total in 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones looking to up sack total in 2014
Page 1 of 1