Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Release Initial Depth Chart Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart   Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 8:37 am

There are few surprises in the team's preseason-opening two-deep depth chart
LATROBE, Pa. – It has been released because the NFL requires one in advance of the preseason, and it can change in an instant because that’s just the nature of things at this stage of the process.

With that in mind, the Steelers have released their first depth chart of 2014, and mostly it serves as confirmation of what already is known.

On offense, Markus Wheaton is listed as the starting wide receiver opposite Antonio Brown, with the rest of the starters on that unit being exactly as expected.

Read more: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-release-initial-depth-chart/6fba2ec5-f959-49f9-b114-4e64749910a5

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart   Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 am

As the article states, the initial depth chart doesn't mean much. I think that shows with the receivers. It has Moore and Justin Brown as the 3rd and 4th receivers behind A. Brown and Wheaton. And it has Heyward-Bey and then Bryant behind Justin Brown. Come opening day, I don't think Bryant will be behind J. Brown, much less behind Heyward-Bey. Based on numbers, that means Bryant wouldn't even make the roster. I think the initial depth chart is made by writing down the first names that pop in their minds.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart   Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:48 pm

I would find it to be more surprising if some of the guys would have been written 2nd or 3rd but I'd say there aren't any surprises in the depth chart. It will be interesting to watch how/if this changes as the preseason unfolds.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart   Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart
Page 1 of 1