Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2014 NFL playoff predictions Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2014 NFL playoff predictions

Go down 
+2
Drizztbob
Gingerchip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

2014 NFL playoff predictions Empty
PostSubject: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 am

I don't like this prediction at all:

AFC NORTH

1. Cincinnati (2): This is the division’s most complete team – and one poised to finally win in the postseason after three consecutive first-round losses.

2. Baltimore (6): Re-tooling the offense should push the Ravens back into the postseason for the sixth time in seven years.

3. Pittsburgh: The Steelers fell just short of the playoffs in 2013. Expect the same this season without significant defensive improvement, especially in the secondary.

4. Cleveland: Playoffs? Ha! Progress will be marked by whether the Browns can win more than five games for the first time since 2007

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2014-predictions-how-divisions-will-be-won-and-who-is-going-to-the-playoffs-090114

2014 NFL playoff predictions We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 am

I do. I love the pundits making them an underdog...they always seem to play better that way.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I do.  I love the pundits making them an underdog...they always seem to play better that way.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 pm

How are they going to miss the playoffs at 12-4? 2014 NFL playoff predictions 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't mind the predictions, and to be honest if you look at everything on paper, the predictions make sense. I know, I hated to type it as much as you hated to read it. However, you have to maintain a certain level of clarity when seeing your team on paper, and the reality of the NFL is that on paper, both the bungals and the ratbirds look better than the Steelers.

However, and fortunately for us, the NFL regular season isn't played on paper. The Steelers always seem to play better when they're listed as the underdog (as previously stated).

And let's face it, the people that get paid to make these predictions, only talk about what they see on paper until the players get on the field. Then they're as lost as everyone else.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION 2014 NFL playoff predictions 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I think the defense is improved for the Steelers. I think Shazier is going to be that roving playmaker that Polamalu used to be, allowing Troy to sit back and play the ball. I think Mitchell is going to be a ton better than Ryan Clark was last year. I loved Clark, but last year he was pretty damn bad. If we can get above average play from Cortez Allen, then I think the secondary will be okay.

I think the offense is going to be really good. I think the Bengals are a playoff team, and I don't think the Ravens are going to be better than 8-8/9-7. Flacco is overrated. Steve Smith could very well look his age this year.

My predictions for the AFC North

Steelers (12-4)
Bengals (10-6) Wild Card
Ravens (9-7)
Browns (4-12)

2014 NFL playoff predictions Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL playoff predictions   2014 NFL playoff predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL playoff predictions
Page 1 of 1