Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 3: Game balls and Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 3: Game balls and Goats

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
Gingerchip
stlrtruck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Week 3: Game balls and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 pm

Well, this was the game the Steelers needed after last week's dismal appearance. So now that the Steelers have shown us what they can truly do on the football field, it makes the rest of the season interesting. With that being said, let's reflect a little bit on tonight's game...who gets the Game Balls and who gets the goat:

Game Ball:
Bell
Ben
Brown
Shazier
Kiesel
Heyward
Moats
Blount

Goats:
Timmons (for hitting Ike)
Mitchell (for hitting Shazier)
Allen

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 3: Game balls and Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 pm

I have to agree with all your picks Truck.  So therefore -- DITTO

WOOT!!!

Game Balls: O line
Rooney's (for building our running game)
LeBeau (make adjustments)

Week 3: Game balls and Goats We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Game Balls

Bell and Blount. Steelers football, baby.
A. Brown. Brown did what Brown does.
The O-line. Give 'em some love.
The defense. Not great, but WAAAAAAAAY better.
IKE TAYLOR. Lifetime achievement award.

Goats

Cortez Allen. *shudder* He's not playing anywhere close to what we expected.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 am

Should we add Haley and Munchak to game balls????

Week 3: Game balls and Goats We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Should we add Haley and Munchak to game balls????

To be honest ginger, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the play calling. We talk a lot here about play calling vs. execution. Tonight, I think the execution was better than the play calling. We had a number of big plays that very easily could have failed if not for exceptional effort from various players. I'll give Munchak a game ball for the play of the O-line. They created some holes for the running backs, and it was refreshing to not see Ben getting killed or running for his life on every play. But I'm not giving Haley a game ball.

However, I do want to give another game ball to the special teams. Early in the game, I mentioned in our chat that one thing that has been overlooked in the first two games is that our special teams are playing relatively well. We could use some improvement on returns, but overall special teams are playing very well.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 am

Well I'm pissed. I set it up to record on Dish and it didn't.

I have to give a game ball to all you guys mentioned and a big ole' goat to DISH!!!! Week 3: Game balls and Goats 2913999526 NFL network may show the lite version so I can at least watch that.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:07 am

solardave wrote:

I have to give a game ball to all you guys mentioned and a big ole' goat to DISH!!!! Week 3: Game balls and Goats 2913999526 NFL network may show the lite version so I can at least watch that.

Ah, hell. That sucks, Dave.

I've had that happen with shows when trying to record on my DVR. Every once in a while (not very often) it just doesn't record, and I have no idea why. I can't be helpful in any way, but I feel your pain.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 am

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Ah, hell. That sucks, Dave.

I've had that happen with shows when trying to record on my DVR. Every once in a while (not very often) it just doesn't record, and I have no idea why. I can't be helpful in any way, but I feel your pain.

Thanks Wally. Maybe I can sue Dish for enough money to justify Sunday Ticket. Week 3: Game balls and Goats 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 am

Well maybe you should let crash back here so he can explain why we won that game. Without a doubt, the stars of that game were the offensive line. They played tight hard football. Assigning Pouncey on Kuechly was the smartest move Munchak made and worked beautifully. This created lanes for Bell to create some dazzling running efforts as well as Blount and kept Ben's jersey clean.

I will say, the Panthers looked REALLY bad, especially Newton, but the Steelers exploited their inequities and dominated start to finish. Loved it.

Hopefully we don't play down to our next 3 opponents and will be looking at 5-1 to start the season!

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Game Balls:
Offensive line/Bell
Defensive line
Special Teams (all areas)

Goats:
Cortez Allen

Honorable Mention:
25% of Bank of America Stadium was Black and Yellow at kickoff ... 100% at games end!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:31 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Honorable Mention:
25% of Bank of America Stadium was Black and Yellow at kickoff ... 100% at games end!

Watching the game on TV, there were a few times when it sounded like the game was at Heinz. I forget the exact situation (I think it was a call in the Steelers' favor), but the crowd erupted in cheers, and it definitely got my attention.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 pm

solardave wrote:

If DISH's failure to record Steelers games for you results in outcomes like last night, I hope they continue to fail to record the games through the first Sunday in February. Week 3: Game balls and Goats 1378315869

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Week 3: Game balls and Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Honorable Mention:

Watching the game on TV, there were a few times when it sounded like the game was at Heinz. I forget the exact situation (I think it was a call in the Steelers' favor), but the crowd erupted in cheers, and it definitely got my attention.

There's a very strong presence of Steelers fans in Charlotte and the broader North Carolina region. Several Steelers bars found throughout the city. It's a transplant city, so there are a ton of people from the north who have relocated here (such as myself). But the native population contained a health mix of Steelers fans due to the absence of a local team until the mid-90's. Oh, and there's the frenzied Steelers fans who travel to see the games.

You'll notice that almost every year the Steelers play the 4th preseason game in Charlotte. That is the toughest game to sell tickets for, but the Richardsons and Rooneys have a deal to bring the team here due to the number of tickets they sell for that very meaningless game. This year was an exception (4th preseason game was played in Pittsburgh) because of the regular season game played here.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:40 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
You'll notice that almost every year the Steelers play the 4th preseason game in Charlotte. That is the toughest game to sell tickets for, but the Richardsons and Rooneys have a deal to bring the team here due to the number of tickets they sell for that very meaningless game. This year was an exception (4th preseason game was played in Pittsburgh) because of the regular season game played here.

Very interesting. I never even really thought about why we always play Carolina in the fourth preseason game. But the reason for it certainly makes sense.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:31 pm

kirklandrules wrote:

Mind = blown

PostSubject: Re: Week 3: Game balls and Goats   Week 3: Game balls and Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 3: Game balls and Goats
Page 1 of 1