Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTexans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats Empty
PostSubject: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Game Goats:
Defense for allowing the Texans to drive late and score points
Dick LeBeau for playing soft coverage (aka prevent defense)
Haley for calling the pass play on 3rd down with 4:40(ish) left to play
Ben for throwing it to a rookie and untested player (if you're going to throw it, then throw it to a guy you know will catch it)
Tomlin because he's the head coach and needs to control such tom foolery

Game Balls:
Ben
Defense for creating turnovers
AB (because he's AB)
Palmer for FINALLY recovering the onside kick.
O-line for keeping Ben upright after the beating he took in the first half
Bell for doing what he does

Other than the late theatrics and unnecessary score, and subsequent STs fiasco, this was the game the Steelers needed, especially against such a stout defense.

Not much time to reflect, time to move on to the Colts.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Game Balls

I'm giving a game ball to the entire team. They could have rolled over and died after the first quarter, but they showed heart. It was nice to see finally. It's still not the kind of Steelers football we expect to see, but it's a start. Special mention to A. Brown and Mike Adams. Yeah, I said it ... Mike Adams. He did a great job filling in for Gilbert.

Goats

Cortez Allen. Yoi.

Timmons. For puking on national television.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 am

Also, a Goat goes to the refs for reviewing the Brown TD and ruling that he was out of bounds. What happened to the concept that if there's not conclusive evidence to overrule the call on the field, then the call on the field stands?

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats B0cIgdmCcAAMLGF

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 am

^^AB has the pic on his phone and he while he was being interviewed, he held it up and said "looks in to me, what about you guys, in..."  One of the few times I didn't see him smile.

Game Balls:  As Wally said, the entire team.  No, the play wasn't flawless, but they didn't give up and came back swinging.  Game balls to the usual suspects:  Ben, AB, LeVeon, Keisel, also Bryant deserves one too.  I loved the Brown to Moore pass.....love those gadget plays!

Goats:  I'm too happy to be anything but generous and positive.

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 312048480 Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 792589548

I didn't see Timmons toss his cookies...when did that happen? Did he get hit hard or something?

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 am

Game balls:
McClain - for the most part, he shut down Johnson. Pretty impressive for a first start.
Defense - actually played like they had a pair. Though we didn't get many sacks, we did cause 3 turnovers.
Bryant - Thank you. Thank you for making a difference. Did you see how many shots we took down field with him? I think that's a sign of things to come.

Goats:
I got nothing. This team came out and won an important game. That last 3 minutes of the 2nd half left me in disbelief of who I was watching.

Great team win. Let's keep this rolling.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I didn't see Timmons toss his cookies...when did that happen?  Did he get hit hard or something?

I didn't notice him puke right before a play (in the first video). I saw it as he was coming off the field (in the second video).

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Goats

Cortez Allen. Yoi.

Timmons. For puking on national television.

Gameball:
One man's goat is another man's game ball ... I give a gameball to Timmons for "leaving it on the field". Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 2744185472
I also would give a gameball to Keisel for making plays all game long.

Goat:

Cortez Allen. Boy I hope this guy gets it figured out, because right now I'm just not seeing it. He'll be targeted until he turns it around.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I give a gameball to Timmons for "leaving it on the field". Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 2744185472

Apparently, he has a reputation for "leaving it on the field." Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats 190127080

Quote :
Foster: Maybe Timmons’ Vomit Will Take Us To The Super Bowl

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Steelers guard Ramon Foster joined “The Fan Morning Show” in his regular weekly spot Tuesday following his team’s big Monday night win over the Texans.

One moment a lot of people are talking about was Lawrence Timmons vomiting on the field. However, Foster said this wasn’t anything new for Timmons.

“This isn’t his first time,” Foster said. “I think he’s done it in like the Carolina game. If you come to our practice field, there’s throw-up spilled on the side of the fields from him. It’s something that he’s doing right now.”

The Steelers’ success in the games against Carolina and Houston has Foster thinking that Timmons may be on to something.

“I don’t know, maybe it’ll take us to the Super Bowl,” Foster said.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/10/21/ramon-foster-maybe-timmons-vomit-will-take-us-to-the-super-bowl/

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:09 pm

I didn't see it at the Carlina game, but probably wouldn't have seen it from those seats. The day after the Baltimore game I heard he was hurling on the sideline during the game as a result of food poisoning or a stomach bug. Last night it was the result of a kick to the stomach by Fitzpatrick.

Here's a small blurb by the Trib:

"For the second time this season, linebacker Lawrence Timmons threw up during a game — this time on the field after catching a foot to the stomach from Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. He also got sick and threw up in Baltimore. “Just a little bloated,” he said. “I got a little too much hydration. But I'm good.” "

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6995921-74/steelers-watt-tackle#axzz3GnFFIZIF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats   Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Texans vs. Steelers Game Balls and Game Goats
Page 1 of 1