Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 am

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 Scb210

By:  Steel Dad

-You know by now the Steelers released running back LeGarrette Blount and elevated running back Josh Harris from the practice squad. Frankly there couldn’t have been a better time for this considering the bye week but something like this is never good either way. Blount’s actions Monday night were not the worst thing possible but it sounds as if this had been brewing for some time.

-As if the Blount thing wasn’t bad enough the Steelers had to do damage control with Mike Mitchell who was responding to fans ripping him about his poor play. He even direct messaged one person and wished death upon them.

-Lost in the result of the game was the poor clock management again by Mike Tomlin at the end of the first half. The Steelers picked up three yards on second down leaving them with a third and seven at the Titans’ 17 yard line. There was :44 remaining and Tomlin called timeout. The Steelers had the Titans on their heels and should have had the no-huddle ready. The next play Roethlisberger threw the interception and a play later, with plenty of time left, Nate Washington scored on the 80-yard TD catch.

-I don’t blame Ben’s pick on Tomlin; it was a horrible throw and Ben knows it, but there was no reason for the timeout there. Sometimes you have to think ahead in situations and facing a 2-7 team with nothing to lose, Tomlin didn’t think about leaving the Titans with too much time and he did.

-Here’s my take on the above two free agent signings and Cam Thomas.

-The Steelers will practice today from 1045-1215pm Eastern today. They will then have the next four days off with the bye week coming up on Sunday.

-The Steelers swept the AFC South for the first time in divisional play going 4-0.

-The Steelers are 4-1 in their five primetime games this season.

-Pittsburgh has won four straight games on Monday night against the Tennessee/Houston franchise.

READ MORE: http://steelcityblitz.com/2014/11/19/scb-steelers-quick-hitters-november-19th-2014/

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Great write up.

I really thought Blount was the counter punch to Bell and seeing his running style in person when he was in Tampa, I really was hoping he would be that guy that players didn't want to see late in the game. Unfortunately, for him, Bell has proven to be well worth his wait (weight) in gold.

However, Blount still had a lot to offer the Steelers. Apparently he felt differently.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am

Good stuff. As far as Blount is concerned I think he probably was becoming a problem in the locker room for awhile.(I guess). Why else would they act so quickly? If I'm right we sure don't need someone pulling us down. We can do that on our own every time we play a sub 500 team. SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Great write up.

I really thought Blount was the counter punch to Bell and seeing his running style in person when he was in Tampa, I really was hoping he would be that guy that players didn't want to see late in the game.  Unfortunately, for him, Bell has proven to be well worth his wait (weight) in gold.

However, Blount still had a lot to offer the Steelers.  Apparently he felt differently.

I thought Blount would pan out but he had other issues as well. From what I have been reading there were Steeler players wanting him gone as well, he was a distraction to the team and moving forward I think it was the right decision.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Great write up.

I really thought Blount was the counter punch to Bell and seeing his running style in person when he was in Tampa, I really was hoping he would be that guy that players didn't want to see late in the game.  Unfortunately, for him, Bell has proven to be well worth his wait (weight) in gold.

However, Blount still had a lot to offer the Steelers.  Apparently he felt differently.

I thought Blount would pan out but he had other issues as well. From what I have been reading there were Steeler players wanting him gone as well, he was a distraction to the team and moving forward I think it was the right decision.

If that's the case, then I expect this team to rally the last few weeks of the season, pull together as a cohesive unit in all aspects of the game. There's nothing in the locker room that is holding them back.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:30 am

What good is Cheech without Chong? Everyone needs their buds. (See what I did there? SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 2981382511)

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Did anyone see that not only did Blount score today (ironically because he got minutes because the other RB was LATE to practice this week) but he took AB's TD dance. The nerve. SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 2625562446

PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters for November 19th, 2014
Page 1 of 1