Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGames Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints

Go down 
+2
Drizztbob
Gingerchip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints Empty
PostSubject: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 1505004552

Where is everyone? Did y'all jump off the ledge? Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 1797695198

I figured I'd start this thread even though I didn't actually see the game, just listened on Steeler's radio.

Game Balls:

Bell
Brown

Goats:

Everyone else

Defense is terrible, terrible, terrible. BR7 has me scratching my head. I realize we still have a shot at making the playoffs, but I'm no longer as hopeful as I was a few week ago. I guess it all depends on which team shows up for the rest of the games this season. Rolling Eyes

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Secondary goat. Ike Taylor...you knew it was coming, GOAT of all time. Stay out.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Secondary goat. Ike Taylor...you knew it was coming, GOAT of all time. Stay out.

Shocked

Well I think it's pretty safe to assume that this will be Ike's last season, and more than likely Troy's as well. But then again, I'm not a previous certain poster who claims to know what the Rooney's are thinking Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 2087824411

But yeah, Ike is just part of a defense gone bad

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:33 pm

GAME BALLS

Bell

GOATS

Ben
Gay

(see what I did there? Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 2981382511)

I'm out of time, so I'll expand on my reasoning later.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
GAME BALLS

Bell

GOATS

Ben
Gay

(see what I did there? Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 2981382511)

I'm out of time, so I'll expand on my reasoning later.

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 2605341373 (I couldn't find the **groan** emoticon.... Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 am

Bell as usual gets a game ball.

Didn't I hear about Brown dropping a couple as well as Heath dropping at least one.

Goats: Everyone else on both sides but especially the defense. They ran all over us and were able to throw at will. Piss poor defense.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 am

Gingerchip wrote:

Well I think it's pretty safe to assume that this will be Ike's last season, and more than likely Troy's as well. But then again, I'm not a previous certain poster who claims to know what the Rooney's are thinking Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 2087824411

I don't think this will be Troy's unless he is tired of flying around and injuring himself. He still looks fairly good out there whereas Ike just is an idiot.

Game Balls: Bell, Worilds
GOATS: Ike, BR7, Gay

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:01 am

Game Ball:

Bell

Goats:

Ben
Willie G

This loss was mostly on Ben's shoulders. He had a horrendous day. It wasn't just the two interceptions, or even the four picks the Saints defenders dropped (including one that should have gone back for 6 points). The killer was that he missed several receivers when they were wide open. And it was the 3rd down misses that I think killed any chance this team had to win. Drives that should have consumed more time, field position and potentially resulted in points ended abruptly.

Willie had a bad game as well, which hadn't been all that common. I'm not too concerned with Ike giving up that one TD because he didn't look as rusty as I thought he'd be after all the time off he had. Besides, it seems there still should be safety help deep ... guess they used their safeties to double Graham and Colston.

I think yesterday's game would have been a totally different story if the Steelers could have scored TDs in the first half instead of fieldgoals and turnovers. There's a fine line between the Saints game and the second Baltimore game. It always helps when the offense is productive somewhere before the final 2 minutes of the game.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
This loss was mostly on Ben's shoulders. He had a horrendous day. It wasn't just the two interceptions, or even the four picks the Saints defenders dropped (including one that should have gone back for 6 points). The killer was that he missed several receivers when they were wide open. And it was the 3rd down misses that I think killed any chance this team had to win. Drives that should have consumed more time, field position and potentially resulted in points ended abruptly.

The announcers kept using Ben's hand as an excuse for the bad throws, but he was making bad throws even before he injured it. Everything was sailing high. And speaking of his injured hand, the coaches deserve a Goat for not getting him out of the game and having his hand checked out, or at least to give him a series or two to get the feeling back in it. Not only could he not throw, but he was handing the ball off with his left hand. Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 294855916
We all now there's a huge drop off from Ben to Gradkowski, but in that moment, Grad is a better option than Ben when he can't throw and has to hand the ball off with his left hand.

kirklandrules wrote:
I'm not too concerned with Ike giving up that one TD because he didn't look as rusty as I thought he'd be after all the time off he had.

I think me and you watched a different game than everyone else. Ike is taking a lot of abuse today, but other than the TD, I thought he played OK for most of the game, especially considering it was his first game back. Brees didn't throw Ike's way much ... he was too busy abusing William Gay all game. In no way am I suggesting that Ike had a solid game, but I'm seeing him get beat up more than I think he deserves. In all honesty though, it's kind of tough to defend anyone in that secondary.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

The announcers kept using Ben's hand as an excuse for the bad throws, but he was making bad throws even before he injured it. Everything was sailing high. And speaking of his injured hand, the coaches deserve a Goat for not getting him out of the game and having his hand checked out, or at least to give him a series or two to get the feeling back in it. Not only could he not throw, but he was handing the ball off with his left hand. Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 294855916
We all now there's a huge drop off from Ben to Gradkowski, but in that moment, Grad is a better option than Ben when he can't throw and has to hand the ball off with his left hand.

I shouldn't be this way, but I was thinking he was playing the drama queen role with that "injured" hand. But I agree, if you're going to hand off the ball left-handed, you can sit on the bench for a series while you "recover".

Wallace108 wrote:
In all honesty though, it's kind of tough to defend anyone in that secondary.

Totally agree. I forgot to give an honorable mention goat to Mike Mitchell. I was complaining a few weeks back that he seems to take a personal foul penalty every game. Thanks for the consistency Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 469886443
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I shouldn't be this way, but I was thinking he was playing the drama queen role with that "injured" hand. But I agree, if you're going to hand off the ball left-handed, you can sit on the bench for a series while you "recover".

Great, now I've got Abba in my head. Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 1664291743

You can throw, you can dive
Having to run for your life
Ooh see that play, watch that screen
Diggin' the drama queen

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Quote :
Diggin' the drama queen

What was in that turkey you ate on T-day?????  Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 3562723908

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:37 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
Diggin' the drama queen

What was in that turkey you ate on T-day?????  Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 3562723908

Let 'em go Ginger, he's on a roll. A bread roll laced with something I think. Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints 3562723908
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:47 am

Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I agree I was shouting to my computer (listening on Steeler radio)to get him out of there. And you're right the bad throws were from the start of the game if I heard right. I just don't believe Gradkoski would have done much worse than Ben at that point.

kirklandrules wrote:
I'm not too concerned with Ike giving up that one TD because he didn't look as rusty as I thought he'd be after all the time off he had.

I think me and you watched a different game than everyone else. Ike is taking a lot of abuse today, but other than the TD, I thought he played OK for most of the game, especially considering it was his first game back. Brees didn't throw Ike's way much ... he was too busy abusing William Gay all game. In no way am I suggesting that Ike had a solid game, but I'm seeing him get beat up more than I think he deserves. In all honesty though, it's kind of tough to defend anyone in that secondary.

I only heard Ike's name that one play but I heard Gay's name 2 or 3 times and did see highlights of him getting burned and missing tackles. Seems like I heard McCane's name when he broke up a pass. I did quit listening in the 3rd quarter because it was too painful. I'm all out of faith in this team this year.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:56 am

solardave wrote:
I did quit listening in the 3rd quarter because it was too painful. I'm all out of faith in this team this year.

Come on Dave.... don't stop believing....

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:34 am

Ahhhh......I love Journey.

It's the not knowing what team will show up that has me frustrated.  I've had one to many heart attacks this year courtesy of my Steelers. I can seriously deal with an all around bad team.....I just look forward to the draft. But when a team displays flashes of brilliance one week, and loses to a scrub team the next, and the cycle is just rinse repeat, rinse repeat....well....

I'm just getting to the point where.......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints   Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints Empty

Back to top Go down

Games Balls (are there any?) and Goats Steelers vs Saints
Page 1 of 1