Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCould Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steelersviews
Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? Empty
PostSubject: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:30 am

The Steelers may actually benefit if Julio Jones plays on Sunday as opposed to not playing. Okay, I know it sounds insane but I'm just proposing a theory. Sometimes, playing through injuries can hurt the team.

It may not be completely noticeable, for example, Julio limping the entire game. But it could be the difference between him not being able to accelerate for a ball he normally catches. Or, he plays the game with the mentality that he needs to protect his hip.

I'll never root for injuries having gone through some myself. But no doubt, I wouldn't mind if Julio just sits one game, gets healthy and returns week 16. Believe me, I'll sign up for that. But it could be the case that he actually hurts his team by playing injured.

Full disclosure, I have no idea as to the extent of his injury. And I'm just proposing an idea.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:08 pm

I see what you are saying and it depends on the individual. How many people were pumped when Jordan had the flu? Sometimes injury can almost make them play better. I would feel better (not much) if Julio sat, but I also like to play (and beat) teams at full strength.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Quote :
but I also like to play (and beat) teams at full strength.

Yeah I use to, when the Steelers were more consistent and had a dependable defense.

It depends on the next man up. Anyone know who that is?

After I read an article titled "Jones almost single handedly takes down Packers", I'd rather see him sit out the game.
I couldn't find anything detailed about this injury, except that it was his hip.

I didn't know anything about this guy before today. After reading about him, he scares me.

Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:25 pm

They have Jones, We have Bryant, Brown,Bell, and Ben. We'll see their J and raise them 4 B's. We just need to jump out in front and stay there. I see your theory but this guy is dangerous at 50%.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Julio jones leads the league in yardage and is an animal. I have him on my fantasy team and he performs every week. We do not have an answer for him at 50% let alone 100%. Don't forget Roddy white and steven Jackson. These guys are older, but perform at a VERY high level. Please oh please don't single assign Ike to Julio, or he will have 300 and 3 tds against us.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Julio jones leads the league in yardage and is an animal. I have him on my fantasy team and he performs every week. We do not have an answer for him at 50% let alone 100%. Don't forget Roddy white and steven Jackson. These guys are older, but perform at a VERY high level. Please oh please don't single assign Ike to Julio, or he will have 300 and 3 tds against us.

Calm down Drizz Ike's not even supposed to play from what I heard. I hope. Oh man what if Ike does play? See what you did? Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?   Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Steelers actually benefit if Julio plays?
Page 1 of 1