Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho is the Steelers defensive MVP? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?

Go down 
+2
Bays
Wallace108
6 posters

Heyward
Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_lcap20%Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Keisel
Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_lcap20%Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Worilds
Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_lcap0%Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Harrison
 20% [ 1 ]
Timmons
 20% [ 1 ]
Gay
 20% [ 1 ]
Other
Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_lcap0%Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 pm

There are a number of good candidates on offense, with the obvious choices being Bell, Brown, and Ben. On defense, it's not so clear-cut. I don't think there's any question that Heyward and Timmons have been our best players on defense, but are they the most valuable?

For my money, the defensive MVP this season has been William Gay. Despite the three pick 6s, he hasn't had a spectacular season. But he has been good. We lost both our starting corners, and Gay has stepped up into the No. 1 cornerback role. And he might have played even better if we had better play at the safety position. Gay has been the one relatively bright spot in a weak secondary, and as bad as it is, I'd hate to think about how bad it would be without Gay. So in that regard, although he wasn't the best player on defense, I think he was the most valuable.

A similar argument can be made for Harrison. Although he came in late and hasn't been on the field all that much, he helped revive our dormant pass rush. In limited action, he's had a greater impact than Worilds on the other side. So I think Gay and Harrison are 1A and 1B.

Who's your pick?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Ryan Clark. Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? 2981382511

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:35 pm

I kid, I kid.

My heart wants to say the beard or even Harrison, but the clear answer is Big Play Willy Gay. He is responsible for 21 points this year on three interceptions.

Hoping to see some more in the coming weeks!

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Keisel, just for the simple fact that I honestly believe his return to the team had a huge impact to the attitude of the locker room. Don't know why. Just feel that way.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:24 pm

I just felt that I had to vote for Harrison -- for old time's sake (plus he came out of retirement for us)

Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:57 am

Wallace108 wrote:
There are a number of good candidates on offense, with the obvious choices being Bell, Brown, and Ben. On defense, it's not so clear-cut. I don't think there's any question that Heyward and Timmons have been our best players on defense, but are they the most valuable?

For my money, the defensive MVP this season has been William Gay. Despite the three pick 6s, he hasn't had a spectacular season. But he has been good. We lost both our starting corners, and Gay has stepped up into the No. 1 cornerback role. And he might have played even better if we had better play at the safety position. Gay has been the one relatively bright spot in a weak secondary, and as bad as it is, I'd hate to think about how bad it would be without Gay. So in that regard, although he wasn't the best player on defense, I think he was the most valuable.

A similar argument can be made for Harrison. Although he came in late and hasn't been on the field all that much, he helped revive our dormant pass rush. In limited action, he's had a greater impact than Worilds on the other side. So I think Gay and Harrison are 1A and 1B.

Who's your pick?

I agree with everthing you said but I think Heyward has been to steady to not get my vote.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Cam would have to be my vote.

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Steelers defensive MVP?   Who is the Steelers defensive MVP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1