Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMoats wants to stay in Pittsburgh Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh

Go down 
+5
jak341
kirklandrules
Drizztbob
SteelersYak
Wallace108
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh Empty
PostSubject: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 pm

By Teresa Varley

Last year when NFL free agency rolled around, linebacker Arthur Moats found himself with a new team, signing a one-year deal with the Steelers after spending the previous four seasons with the Buffalo Bills.

“It was mixed emotions when I left,” said Moats. “A change of scenery was good for my career. If I never left, I wouldn’t have had the chance to experience what I did here. It’s been a great year for me and my family.”

This year Moats is hoping he doesn’t have to go looking for a new team again.

Moats will become a free agent on March 10 when the NFL free agency period begins. But he is hoping that he remains right where he is, with a team and organization that he couldn’t be happier playing for.

“I love this organization,” said Moats, who believes there is mutual interest to keep him in Pittsburgh. “Even though I was only here for one year, from top to bottom it’s been a great experience.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Moats-%E2%80%98I-love-this-organization%E2%80%99/04d4bcde-7d0c-41dc-8e8f-4fba201cc634

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:29 am

I want Moats to stay in Pittsburgh. IMO, he did a pretty solid job last year.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 6:38 pm

This isn't a question. We need to resign him.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:37 pm

It didn't get a mention, but Steelers re-signed Moats. Just in case anyone missed it.  Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh 3121608646

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/03/09/Pittsburgh-Steelers-re-sign-veteran-LB-Arthur-Moats-to-three-year-deal/stories/201503090136

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Great signing. I think Moats has more potential than most realize. He signed a contract for back-up money, but don't be surprised if he's the guy they start on the left side this year. As I stated in another post, I'd use Moats as a gap-fill for this year and see if you can draft a stud for future starter material going forward.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Automatic... Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh 2090871053

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:39 am

Great article about Moats and some hints about what he will be doing in 2015.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/versatile-moats-finds-permanent-home-pittsburgh-223055619--nfl.html
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 am

Nice job F.O.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:11 am

jak341 wrote:
Great article about Moats and some hints about what he will be doing in 2015.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/versatile-moats-finds-permanent-home-pittsburgh-223055619--nfl.html

Good article! I think Moats has more potential than most people understand. My prediction in an earlier post is now half realized: Moats will be the opening starter and now that they drafted Dupree, he'll hold the line until the rookie gets up to speed.

Not sure about this line in the article:
AP Sports - Will Graves wrote:
One of Butler's first decisions was to move the 27-year-old Moats exclusively to outside linebacker, where he will likely platoon with the 37-year-old Harrison on one side, and with Jones and first-round pick Bud Dupree on the other.

Pretty sure Moats will be the starting OLB on the left side, Jones will be the starter on the right. Dupree will back up Moats on the left and Harrison will back up Jones on the right. Moats, Jones and Harrison will all get significant playing time. I think if Dupree gets large amounts of playing time in the first half of the season, he's either a beast, or there's an injury, or Moats disappoints (which I don't expect).
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers

By Rob Rossi
Sunday, June 21, 2015

Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh Jpeg

Arthur Moats is looking to be seen.

He's looking for Steelers' coaches to see him as a starter. He's looking for his younger teammates to see him as a mentor. He's looking for his three children to see him as a role model. He's looking for Pittsburghers to see him as a good guy.

But what might we see by taking a closer look at Moats?

“My thing is I like to have fun,” Moats said during the Steelers' minicamp last week. “Anytime you can show another side of yourself outside of what you see on the field, it's good.”

A Steeler needn't be ticketed for the Hall of Fame, like Jerome Bettis, to parlay a marketable personality into off-field opportunities. Ryan Clark was working with ESPN while he played, no different than Ike Taylor and TribLive Radio. Neither man's head is marked for a bust in Canton, Ohio...

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/8606864-74/moats-steelers-looking#ixzz3dqitRDkv
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 am

he has already shown me to to be a good guy. All you have to do is hear 1 interview from the man to be come à fan.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Arthur Moats fined $8,681 for grabbing Johnny Manziel’s facemask

Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2015

Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwm0ytyzotllyjrhmtq1nme4mzljmtuwodg0zwrkzdnh-e1448057093665

During the first half of last Sunday’s victory over the Browns, Steelers linebacker Arthur Moats was flagged for grabbing Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s facemask during a sack.

It was an ugly looking play as Manziel’s body was whipped down to the ground by Moats’s tugging at his helmet and the NFL decided that Moats’s action demanded more than just a flag in terms of discipline.

According to multiple reports, the league fined Moats $8,681 for the facemask, which he apologized to Manziel for on Twitter after the game. Manziel, who was unhurt, replied to say there were “no hard feelings.”

It’s not the biggest check that Moats will write this week. He donated $300,000 to his alma mater James Madison University during the week that the school says is the biggest donation to the school by an alumnus under the age of 30.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20/arthur-moats-fined-8681-for-grabbing-johnny-manziels-facemask/
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:47 pm

That's pretty impressive, Moats is hardly a millionaire.

When he signed his one year deal last year he was so happy saying the Steelers offered him the most money with the league minimum for a player of his status

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 pm

The johnny football facemask has been the highlight of the year, it goes well with brown ninja kicking their punter last season.

PostSubject: Re: Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh   Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh Empty

Back to top Go down

Moats wants to stay in Pittsburgh
Page 1 of 1