Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers

Go down 
+22
jak341
Rhyno
Buddha Bus
steelers5895
OX1947
FanSince72
harrison'samonster
FrancoLambert
andywitmyer
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
dave n'at
IowaSteeler927
Lokki
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
SteelersYak
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
solardave
Wallace108
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 am

steelers5895 wrote:
Man I remember just about everyone going nuts when they didn't re-sign him.  Here is a scenario that works for me ( It is really unlikely but what the heck, what else can we talk about)

Trade Wheaton for a DB, maybe a Kenny Vaccarro from the Saints, or to Miami and we get McCain back or someone of that caliber.

Sign a humbled and bargain salary Wallace as our #3.  Wheaton is going to want decent coin soon and rather pay a young DB we trade for then Wheaton.

No way, no how. I watched Mike Wallace take plays off, I watched Mike Wallace run out of bounds to avoid contact instead of getting crucial yards... That's not the kind of guy we want coming back to take over Wheaton's spot working in the slot. You honestly think Wallace would sacrifice himself over the middle of the field? Yeah right... Humble isn't a word in Mike Wallace's vocabulary. I'm glad he's gone, he doesn't deserve to wear the black and gold. We're better off with what we've got.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:20 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
steelers5895 wrote:
Man I remember just about everyone going nuts when they didn't re-sign him.  Here is a scenario that works for me ( It is really unlikely but what the heck, what else can we talk about)

Trade Wheaton for a DB, maybe a Kenny Vaccarro from the Saints, or to Miami and we get McCain back or someone of that caliber.

Sign a humbled and bargain salary Wallace as our #3.  Wheaton is going to want decent coin soon and rather pay a young DB we trade for then Wheaton.

No way, no how. I watched Mike Wallace take plays off, I watched Mike Wallace run out of bounds to avoid contact instead of getting crucial yards... That's not the kind of guy we want coming back to take over Wheaton's spot working in the slot. You honestly think Wallace would sacrifice himself over the middle of the field? Yeah right... Humble isn't a word in Mike Wallace's vocabulary. I'm glad he's gone, he doesn't deserve to wear the black and gold. We're better off with what we've got.

Yep. We chose the correct receiver.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
steelers5895 wrote:

Definitely. Wallace would bring his putrid self-centered attitude to the locker room and have his fellow wide receivers calling themselves the young money crew again... NO thanks!

Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:07 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 46549562
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:26 am

Agreed with all. Wallace doesn't bring anything to the table that we already do not have.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:30 am

Wallace had tons of natural talent, but he didn't have the heart that is required to capitalize on that talent. At this point, I'd rather listen to an argument for bringing back Limas Sweed.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Wallace had tons of natural talent, but he didn't have the heart that is required to capitalize on that talent. At this point, I'd rather listen to an argument for bringing back Limas Sweed.

Sweed put a knockout hit on a ratbird once.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

There were fans at all the Steelers forums losing their minds when Wallace was a free agent. They were screaming that he must be resigned. Then they cursed the front office for not signing him and called them all idiots that just don't get the modern game.

Wow, were they wrong.

Some fans recognized the lack of work he put into his game, the attitude he had, the drops, and the huge lack of heart he played with.

Looking back, letting him go was one of the best moves the Steelers have made in years.

Banned

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:11 pm

yeah I was one who said "see you later" kinda like I do all the time when I feel someone isn't worth the money. I think you guys can guess how the Einstein's on that board (who are now on this one) responded.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:19 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
yeah I was one who said "see you later" kinda like I do all the time when I feel someone isn't worth the money.  I think you guys can guess how the Einstein's on that board (who are now on this one) responded.

Still sniping, huh? I really can't wait till your ticket gets punched.

Why don't you challenge someone here instead of belching out vague accusations of perceived opinions? I had hoped they would find a way to retain Wallace, but always maintained not at the expense of losing Brown, who I felt was the far better, more rounded, more versatile receiver with bigger upside. Speed fades. I'll take great route runners with solid, reliable hands and a hard work ethic over that any day of the week.

Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 pm

yeah I'm sure Budda you had that insight then. suuuuure you did
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:26 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
yeah I'm sure Budda you had that insight then.  suuuuure you did

I did. Your opinion on it means absolutely jack shit.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

steelers5895 wrote:

not that buddha needs me to stand up for him but yeah, at the time he was still a steeler thats exactly what buddha had said.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 pm

I never liked wallace. Check my signature haven't changed it in years

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

vasteeler wrote:
steelers5895 wrote:

not that buddha needs me to stand up for him but yeah, at the time he was still a steeler thats exactly what buddha had said.

Yup. Some people should just stop talking out of their ass.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:33 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
yeah I was one who said "see you later" kinda like I do all the time when I feel someone isn't worth the money.  I think you guys can guess how the Einstein's on that board (who are now on this one) responded.

If you're going to call names or accuse people of something at least have the balls to come out and address the individual instead of using a vague generalizing statement. That being said, no need to get chippy here. Thoughtful discussion is encouraged, and sharing your opinion is encouraged, but don't act like you're intellectually superior and insult other members.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:37 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
steelers5895 wrote:

If you're going to call names or accuse people of something at least have the balls to come out and address the individual instead of using a vague generalizing statement. That being said, no need to get chippy here. Thoughtful discussion is encouraged, and sharing your opinion is encouraged, but don't act like you're intellectually superior and insult other members.

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 716

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Aaaaaanyway... Wallace is NOT a Steeler anymore.

We're all glad he's gone.

He isn't coming back.

Thread over.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

He isn't coming back.

Thread over.

What about for the vet minimum?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Wallace who? Cody Wallace? Sure he's a nice backup
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

He isn't coming back.

Thread over.

vet minimum and he has to do the worm across the 50 yard line before each game

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:45 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

He isn't coming back.

Thread over.

Do they pay the vet minimum for waterboys? Our guys could be the fastest hydrated team in the whole league! Sold!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Wallace who? Cody Wallace? Sure he's a nice backup

I'd sign this Wallace.

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 William-Wallace

I could see him being the new Troy back in the secondary. And just think how much more excited Scottish Steeler would be to be a Steeler fan!

Of course, we'd have to change the face paint color scheme.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 pm

[quote="Buddha Bus"]
Fire Arians wrote:

Of course, we'd have to change the face paint color scheme.

you can take my life, but you'll never take....

My FACE PAINT COLOR SCHEME!!!!!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers   Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace Interested In Returning To Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2