Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJason Worilds retiring Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jason Worilds retiring

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
kirklandrules
SteelersYak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Jason Worilds retiring Empty
PostSubject: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 am

According to his agent, Jason Bernstein, linebacker Jason Worilds has elected to hang up his cleats and retire from the NFL.

“I appreciate all of the interest from the organizations that have reached out to us the past few days,” Worilds said in a statement released by his agent. “With that being said, after much thought & consideration I have chosen to step away from football as I have opted to pursue other interests. I am especially grateful of the opportunity to play before some of the greatest fans in football today. Despite any concern and speculation that may ensue, I appreciate those that are respectful of my decision.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/11/free-agent-linebacker-jason-worilds-to-retire-per-agent/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:54 am

Wow, didn't see that coming.  Wonder if he chatted with Patrick Willis or Jake Locker in the last couple of days.  Are these examples of isolated incidences or is a new trend starting to form?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12459034/linebacker-jason-worilds-retire-free-agent-status

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 am

Yeah, I'm shocked by this move. He's a guy you would think would be hitting his prime over the next few years. Definitely leaving plenty of money on the table.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm

He had the talent and opportunity to be the next great Steelers linebacker, but some things just aren't meant to be. I wish him success and happiness in his future endeavors.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:23 pm

I was never big on him but I'm glad he's going out on his terms.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 am

Quote :
Worilds makes 'faith-based' decision to move on from football

By Mark Kaboly

Jason Worilds had a calling, and it had nothing to do with football or a lucrative long-term contract that was within his grasp.

It had everything to do with his faith.

Worilds, the Steelers' second-round pick in 2010 out of Virginia Tech and one of the most sought-after players on the free-agent market, gave up football to pursue interests related to his religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, industry sources confirmed to Trib Total Media.

Worilds informed the Steelers on Tuesday of his decision and then announced his intentions of walking away from the game via a series of Twitter messages by his agent Jason Bernstein early Wednesday morning and then later by Worilds.

“He is stepping away because he wanted to pursue other interests,” one source close to Worilds said. “The decision was faith-based as he wanted to pursue interests related to that. He still likes the game of football and certainly had lucrative options on the table but felt his time was best spent on those other interests.”

The true scope of Worilds' decision might never been known.

Worilds told Trib Total Media on Wednesday, “I don't know when I'll speak on it or if I will.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7948706-74/worilds-steelers-million#ixzz3UBT0s5Ca
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 12:51 pm

There are worse things to leave football over. However, I would think he has the rest of his life to pursue those activities. Not like he will be an old man after a football career. Jason Worilds retiring 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 1:57 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
There are worse things to leave football over. However, I would think he has the rest of his life to pursue those activities. Not like he will be an old man after a football career. Jason Worilds retiring 2087824411

Obviously, I have no clue ... but on hindsight, perhaps his lackluster play for much of last season was because his heart wasn't in it. It's hard to do something, and do it well, when your heart isn't in it. If he has been smart with his money, he's already made enough to live comfortably. So now it's about finding happiness. I respect him for walking away rather than taking someone's money and half-assing it. It's impossible to know someone's true motivations, so I trust he made the best decision for himself and wish him well.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Maybe he wants to do mission work which could be taxing on the body?

Wait, my sources say that he likes this really nice church in Arizona. Invited Roethlisberger to a service.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Wait, my sources say that he likes this really nice church in Arizona. Invited Roethlisberger to a service.

Ben LOL

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:32 pm

I read he wants to be a Jehovas Witness. -Thats not a joke BTW.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:56 pm

I can respect his decision.

He wants to do missionary type work for the JW's (from what I've read). I have to admire someone that is willing to walk away from big money to follow his heart and principles.

Jason Worilds retiring We_bel10
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:44 am

Well he played long enough to make a killing.

Xtreme Newb
andywitmyer

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Doesn't he realize that all 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses have already been ressurected and that his pursuit for their ideal heaven is a fruitless aspiration? Oh well, the same may have been said for his long-term career here in Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: Jason Worilds retiring   Jason Worilds retiring Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason Worilds retiring
Page 1 of 1