Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Offseason  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Offseason

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerDelivery
Xtreme Newb

Steelers Offseason  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Hello #SteelerNation,

I know it has been a while since I last posted but I wanted to get back at it because I am missing the team so much. This offseason, as usual, is a big one for our team and I wanted to discuss some moves that have already been made and that will be made. So here we go...

As we know by now we have locked up our future Hall of Fame QB, Ben Roethlisberger. Ben signed a 5 year extension and will be a Steeler for life. That was a move I was happy to see for obvious reasons. The only other big signing the team has made (so far) is signing former Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams. I thought it was a good signing as he is an experienced back who is confident he has a lot left in the tank. He won't be getting any major work load, we all know why he is here; to back up Le'Veon Bell. However, we do need a back to step in while Le'Veon serves his suspension in 2015. Williams can do a fine job stepping in for a few games. Not too many other signings have been done inside Steel town so I want to talk briefly about the draft.

The Steelers are picking #22 in the draft this season and have needs are on the defensive side of the ball. With a lot of departures (Harrison, Keisel, Polamalu, Worilds, Taylor) the team has many holes to fill. The biggest come filling that hole at the Outside Linebacker positions. With Worilds' shocking retirement the Steelers will likely address the LOLB position day 1 of the draft. Watch out for a guy like Bud Dupree or even Eli Harold. Not sure Dupree will be there at that point but he has a ton of potential. Harold is another edge rusher and someone to watch for. Obviously corner backs are another position that the Steelers desperately need to address as well. Trae Waynes is the clear number 1 CB in this draft class and other then him I am not sure the Steelers will take a chance at a CB in the 1st round. The second round is where I see the team drafting this position. Some guys I like are Jalen Collins, Quinten Rollins, and Marcus Peters who could be options for us.

There's a lot of time still before the draft and I will continue to scout guys and discuss who I like. I will get into the mid and later rounds in my next write up.

Thank you to who ever reads this.
Follow me on twitter (@SteelerDelivery)
Go Steelers !
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Welcome back Delivery! I agree that the signing of Ben and Williams is huge but the offense is not the side of the ball that I am most worried about.

The defense has been getting older and older and it doesn't seem like we have the next man up wearing a Steelers uniform yet.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks Yak! Good to be back. I think that letting go of the older guys is GOOD for our team. Ready for a new group of steel curtain defenders. Wouldn't mind if they went defense in first 4 rounds honestly
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:45 pm

It's tough to see those guys go though. They have been a staple for so long. What will Sundays be like without seeing Da Beard and the hair flying around the field?

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Oh no question, end of an era. I love those guys but this is the best thing for us. I'm so excited for April 30
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 pm

I used to enjoy the draft being on one day but now it's not even watchable. I also never know enough about who we get. I do just sit here and read the other teams making deals and it's little intimidating how good some of the other AFC teams are getting but there is a method to how the Steelers do business. They've been doing it this way and you have to trust in the system.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 am

Hey Delivery! Good to hear from you. We have a draft thread that can be found under 2015 Draft Discussion

Check out that thread as some of us have been throwing names around in there.

Maybe we use this thread to focus on FA and other offseason moves.

Looking forward to discussing the draft talent with you!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:56 am

Come chat draft like Kirk said! Welcome back!

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm

With Patrick Robinson and Sterling Moore going to other teams, looks like the Steelers have other plans to bolster their secondary. I haven't heard what type of money Moore got with Tampa, but Robinson's deal was 1 year for $1.5 guaranteed ... thinking any type of incentives had to be minor. The Steelers could have paid that easily and, therefore, it leads us to believe they made a conscious decision to pass on him.

In a parallel story, Art Rooney II hinted the Steelers may not do much more in free agency.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8014999-74/rooney-steelers-free#axzz3UxPX804e

Looks like we can look forward to the discussions in the Draft thread Steelers Offseason  1650858226
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:26 pm

And of course there's always the discussions on Troy, Harrison, Ike and guys like Heyward and Beachum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Offseason    Steelers Offseason  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Offseason
Page 1 of 1