Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers players embrace reduced practice time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers players embrace reduced practice time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers players embrace reduced practice time Empty
PostSubject: Steelers players embrace reduced practice time   Steelers players embrace reduced practice time EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 am

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Steelers president Art Rooney II is pleased with the NFL's new collective bargaining agreement ... with one exception.

If Rooney had his way, two-a-day practices during training camp and padded practices during the season would still be a big part of the game. Instead, the majority of those practices were bargained out of the new labor deal by the players.

"It is something, I must say, I think I have mixed feelings about," Rooney said. "It's probably fair to say that if it were up to us, we probably would've had a little different approach to some of the practice rules."

With the owners and players agreeing Monday to a new CBA, one of the big wins for the players was the reduction of practice time in-season and during the offseason.

Read more: Steelers players embrace reduced practice time - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_748411.html#ixzz1TBMCKkxh

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Steelers players embrace reduced practice time
Page 1 of 1