Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:10 pm

kan_t wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Unless Sammie Coates was the overall BPA left in the draft, I just don't understand this. We need defensive help, not luxury picks. No
I think that's the case.

I'm not a college football fan, so I'm deferring to your opinion/knowledge. I hope you're right. I would just rather load up on defensive picks and increase my chances at hitting on a few. Defense is our weakness right now. The offense is fine.

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Think about it, His QB in college is headed into the draft as a CORNERback...

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm

The NFL should suspend all future Steelers 3rd round picks.

If the Steelers can't use them responsibly then they just shouldn't have any at all.

Archer was a waste as soon as his name was called, Coates may be a good player but who is going to sit? He will see time in a 4 WR set, but how often do we use that set and then he would need to be the target.

I see the talent but I don't see the point.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1945926454

I love it! The gnashing of teeth has begun!

FIRE EVERYBODY!!!!
TherealCasteeler wrote:
So we're going with Mitchell and Shark as safties? Good luck

Yep. Its pretty much known that the safeties in this years draft suck. Golden and will Allen are probably better than anyone left. No sense in pissing against the wall.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:17 pm

lipps83 wrote:
The NFL should suspend all future Steelers 3rd round picks.

If the Steelers can't use them responsibly then they just shouldn't have any at all.

Archer was a waste as soon as his name was called, Coates may be a good player but who is going to sit?  He will see time in a 4 WR set, but how often do we use that set and then he would need to be the target.

I see the talent but I don't see the point.

3 words

Darius. Heyward. Bey.

. .
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:17 pm

some might disagree with me but i don't think our defense is as bad talent wise as people make it out to be.

we had a changing of the guard, a lot of new starters and some rookies on the squad, they will only get better with more experience. not only that but injuries plagued the defense last year big time.

i'm optimistic they'll actually be pretty good this year. I did think they started to gel late in the season
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Colbert has gone senile time to stick him in a home.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:19 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Ward, Sanders, Wallace, Coates, all taken in the 3rd!

You left Dri Archer off that list. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
some might disagree with me but i don't think our defense is as bad talent wise as people make it out to be.

we had a changing of the guard, a lot of new starters and some rookies on the squad, they will only get better with more experience. not only that but injuries plagued the defense last year big time.

i'm optimistic they'll actually be pretty good this year. I did think they started to gel late in the season

I agree the D isn't a train wreck, but I just think cornerback is definitely the weakest link right now. Unless Cortez Allen pulls his head out of his ass, that unit is in need. I would have liked to have seen 2 CBs taken at this point before a WR. Hopefully I'm wrong though and this move pays off like a lot of our recent round 3 WR selections.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:30 pm

interesting, all three of the Steelers first 3 selections are from the SEC...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:30 pm

I like the Sammie Coates pick a Big 6'1" 212lbs plays faster than his 4.43 40, 41" vertical jump, WR to get behind defenses. physical blocker with room to grow. needs some coaching came out of college after his jr. year. BB has two big WRs now two big body WR for the redzone offense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:34 pm

effyou515 wrote:
I like the Sammie Coates pick a Big 6'1" 212lbs plays faster than his 4.43 40, 41" vertical jump, WR to get behind defenses. physical blocker with room to grow. needs some coaching came out of college after his jr. year. BB has two big WRs now two big body WR for the redzone offense.
That is something to think about. Coates could make the difference in some close games. Could mean the difference between playoffs and no playoffs or no bye and bye. I mean our offense was great last year but it could still improve. Reserving final judgment until these guys actually play though. I don't hate it. I don't love it but I do think I understand it.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Sammie Coates should turn out to be a very good draft pick as long as Wallace108 doesn't use him in his signature. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:37 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Sammie Coates should turn out to be a very good draft pick as long as Wallace108 doesn't use him in his signature. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

Let's just be happy Teegre didn't have him in his pre-draft mock or we'd be facing him twice a year against the Ravens. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:47 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Let's just be happy Teegre didn't have him in his pre-draft mock or we'd be facing him twice a year against the Ravens. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 3562723908
Back to top Go down
ebsteelersSF
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:39 am

i like day 2.. on to day 3 lets get it
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:40 am

ebsteelersSF wrote:
i like day 2.. on to day 3 lets get it

Actually I been getting more excited about the late round drafts more so than the first 2 days, some of our best players were picked in rd 6 and 7, or undrafted Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:49 am

I think any of Kurtis Drummond, Josh Shaw, Doran Grant, Ifo, or Nick O'Leary would be great picks for us in Round 4.  If Josh Shaw matures past his pool-jumping bullshit I think he especially would be a spectacular pick for our defense. He'd definitely help those concerned with the "CB size."

O'Leary is a poor man's Heath. He's smaller and less athletic but seems a carbon copy as far as playing style goes. Rarely "wows" but is rock-solid and reliable as a pass-catcher and a blocker.

Also a big fan of local product Jesse James.  Huge, athletic TE with upside we could get in Round 5 or 6 maybe.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:56 am

I managed to miss everything to this point, second shift SUCKS! Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

Looks like we've kicked some ass, though. Watching some recaps and reading opinions now. Amazing activity here on the forum!

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:59 am

tony hipchest wrote:
i need @bayz101 to hack into steelersfever and retrieve my james harrison eyepatch avatar.

Buddha Bus wrote:

The jackassery is strong in this one.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 2573146105

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 JamesHarrisonTerrifying

Will definitely need a re-size. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:04 am

Dupree is a fucking slam dunk, grand slam, touchdown. Freak of nature snap Flaccos neck bomb of a pick.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:08 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
I think any of Kurtis Drummond, Josh Shaw, Doran Grant, Ifo, or Nick O'Leary would be great picks for us in Round 4.  If Josh Shaw matures past his pool-jumping bullshit I think he especially would be a spectacular pick for our defense.  He'd definitely help those concerned with the "CB size."

O'Leary is a poor man's Heath.  He's smaller and less athletic but seems a carbon copy as far as playing style goes.  Rarely "wows" but is rock-solid and reliable as a pass-catcher and a blocker.

Also a big fan of local product Jesse James.  Huge, athletic TE with upside we could get in Round 5 or 6 maybe.

Sounds good to me. I would love to see us draft another corner with a little more size, as well as a tight end and a safety. Then I would truly be satisfied with this draft, but if we take 3 more dri archers and a jarvis jones im going to be tight.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:09 am

Uhhhh OK!

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:45 am

Cody Prewitt, Ifo Ekpre Olamu, Josh Shaw, Kevin White, shaq Mason or Arie Kuondjo in round 4?

I'm holding out for Ben Koyak and Nick Marshall in the 6th.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:50 am

bayz101 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
i need @bayz101 to hack into steelersfever and retrieve my james harrison eyepatch avatar.

Buddha Bus wrote:

The jackassery is strong in this one.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 2573146105

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 JamesHarrisonTerrifying

Will definitely need a re-size. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1797695198

There I am!

(I can't believe I had a Bengal avatar for an entire year) Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 1505004552

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next