Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.

Go down 
+23
kirklandrules
JonM229
FrancoLambert
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
El-Gonzo Jackson
pczach
SteelCityUnderground
Steel Peon
SoCalFan
Gingerchip
effyou515
Hawaii 5-0
ETL
tony hipchest
WVABE
Buddha Bus
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
PhantomJB93
Steeler Zach
kan_t
Wallace108
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. Empty
PostSubject: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:54 pm

TE Jesse James from PSU. I like the Name and the pick.

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Penn-State-TE-Jesse-James-an-intriguing-prospect-for-NFL-teams-36981586

6'7 260. a GIANT

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sat May 02, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Road Dogg Jesse James? Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1797695198

Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 17qb8l2kef4h9jpg
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Bad ass named for a bad ass dude. Could he be the tight end of the future? I fucking think so. at 6' 7 , if we can develop him for a year or 2 under Miller we could have a superstar.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sat May 02, 2015 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:00 pm

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

After watching that tape I absolutely LOVE this pick. It looks like maybe he could learn to use his size to his advantage a little more but he is huge and he is pretty fast for a huge TE. I love this pick. Never even heard of this guy until the pick. I am very excited about this years draft class. I'm STILL waiting for us to take a safety.

Just thinking about Ben throwing to a 6'7 270 giant of a man in the red zone makes me drool. No homo.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sat May 02, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Anyone who is familiar with SX's history should know that the selection of Jesse James was a no-brainer. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 2811592063 Everything is starting to come together nicely. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 2703003593

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:12 pm

This is really weird because I had a dream last night that we drafted a player from Penn State. Maybe its a sign.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Like it. At worst he could be a good blocking TE. You can't teach size.
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:17 pm

The only reason the Steelers took Jesse James is because he is from western Pennsylvania. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Watch this and be impressed. Also you can watch Doran Grant in coverage at the top of the screen on most plays.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:41 pm

My favorite pick of the draft. Honestly. I swear. What I see with him, is that he shows so much talent that comes naturally to him because of his measurables but its just natural to him and he doesn't add that extra ooomph and aggressiveness that could instill fear in a defense. He gets coached up and plays with sheer confidence a year or two from now, and understands what he CAN do, dude come on. Plus doesn't the name Jesse James just sound like someone you want to be a Steeler Legend?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Oh you didn't know? Your ass better caaaaallll somebodeeeeeee!!!!!

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:53 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
My favorite pick of the draft. Honestly. I swear. What I see with him, is that he shows so much talent that comes naturally to him because of his measurables but its just natural to him and he doesn't add that extra ooomph and aggressiveness that could instill fear in a defense. He gets coached up and plays with sheer confidence a year or two from now, and understands what he CAN do, dude come on. Plus doesn't the name Jesse James just sound like someone you want to be a Steeler Legend?

Can you say Gronk 2?

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Nice pick, hope that fucker from the Bungals doesn't cut him off at the knees.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:

Can you say Gronk 2?

I can. I know its absolutely silly, especially since this is a late round TE with a late round grade, to be talking with any certainty. Anybody can be a bust. But anybody can be a late round diamond too.

I'm doing it right here. On this post I'm making a bold bold prediction. A gamble with worse odds then russian roulette. That Jesse James will be our Gronk 2. I'll be buying a jersey asap just so I can make snide hipster remarks in 5 years.

Or... This post gets drug up 5 years from now and I'm viciously torn apart by the community by how incredibly wrong I was. But this is the guy I'm doing this with.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Anyone who is familiar with SX's history should know that the selection of Jesse James was a no-brainer. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 2811592063 Everything is starting to come together nicely. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 2703003593
this is the greatest day since drafting mike websters clone an replacement, a q shipley. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1372836603

I think it is important to remember that matt spaeth was a much more highly rated and polished TE prospect coming out of college than jesse james is. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1401235891

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm

I like the pick though.
Steelers need some more outlaws for when Harrison retires.
Just not gonna fap over it...

. .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
I think it is important to remember that matt spaeth was a much more highly rated and polished TE prospect coming out of college than jesse james is. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1401235891

His name is Jesse James. That's all that matters. Unfortunately, Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp were already off the board. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1797695198

Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. Sxlogo10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Steeler Zach wrote:
The only reason the Steelers took Jesse James is because he is from western Pennsylvania. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1797695198
Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 1797695198 Channeling your inner da_pimp?

. .
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:25 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
I like the pick though.
Steelers need some more outlaws for when Harrison retires.
Just not gonna fap over it...

Retires?

...maybe I'm just not getting my message out there well enough. Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. 512807920
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Quote :
@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers are thrilled to get Jesse James. Didn't think Penn State used him correctly, especially with his skill set.

Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Nice pick. Maxx who?

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:54 pm

5(160) Pittsburgh Steelers: Jesse James, TE, Penn State: B+ Grade

I mocked Jesse James to the Steelers at this spot because I thought he made a lot of sense for the team. James is a great fit in Pittsburgh's offense, and he obviously makes sense at this range. James, a good athlete, might be able to take over for Heath Miller in a couple of years.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades5.php#Rcgz6zdD3BkdT1wz.99
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:02 pm

James 6'7"
Bryant 6'4"
Coates 6'1"

in the redzone I'm liking this jump ball to the receiver who is singled covered

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:10 am

effyou515 wrote:
James 6'7"
Bryant 6'4"
Coates 6'1"

in the redzone I'm liking this jump ball to the receiver who is singled covered

by Jim Wexell

It was clearly a defensive minded draft, but in the fifth round the Steelers did select a second offensive player, Penn State tight end Jesse James (6-7, 261, 4.81) who hails from nearby Glassport, Pa.

James, who came out as a true junior, caught 78 passes for 1,005 yards (12.9 ypc.) and 11 touchdowns in three seasons at PSU.

"He has natural strength and will be able to handle the line of scrimmage," said Steelers tight ends coach James Daniel. "He wasn't used a lot as a receiver."

"I agree with that," said James. "In the system we ran, I didn't have a chance to show how athletic I am. I'll have a shot to do that in the future, being able to show exactly what I can do in the receiving aspect of the game."

How about catching the ball in the red zone?

"The guy is 6-7," said Daniel. "He should be a red-zone threat."

http://pit.scout.com/story/1543401-steelers-complete-defensive-minded-draft?s=68
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.   Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5. Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers select TE Jesse James in round 5.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next