Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFL paid to honor vets... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFL paid to honor vets...

Go down 
+2
effyou515
stlrtruck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

NFL paid to honor vets... Empty
PostSubject: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:52 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-paid-to-thank-troops-at-games/ar-BBjrIxA

Quote :
A New Jersey-based website, NJ.com, has a detailed report that reveals the Department of Defense is paying millions of dollars to many NFL teams in what are essentially paid promotions to honor America's heroes.

When the Jets paused to honor soldiers of the New Jersey Army National Guard at home games during the past four years, it was more than a heartfelt salute to the military — it was also worth a good stack of taxpayer money, records show. The Department of Defense and the Jersey Guard paid the Jets a total of $377,000 from 2011 to 2014 for the salutes and other advertising, according to federal contracts. Overall, the Defense Department has paid 14 NFL teams $5.4 million during that time, of which $5.3 million was paid by the National Guard to 11 teams under similar contracts.

This does not mean, of course, that all halftime events featuring troops or veterans are paid promotions. However, the fact that many are could undermine such efforts and "leaves a bad taste in your mouth" one lawmaker said.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NFL paid to honor vets... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:53 am

This is wrong on so many levels.

At no point should anyone be paid to honor a veteran.

This is disgusting that the NFL would even take payment.
It's even more disgusting that the DOJ would make a payment.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:18 am

to salute the troops you first got to write a check. advertising isn't free.

the military pays million to sponsor race cars. I wonder how much the DOD spends a year to advertise their branches of armed forces.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:21 am

effyou515 wrote:
to salute the troops you first got to write a check. advertising isn't free.

the military pays million to sponsor race cars. I wonder how much the DOD spends a year to advertise their branches of armed forces.  

I have no problem if they want to advertise but IMO, you minimize the importance and value of our vets when you prostitute them out like this.

You want to advertise, pay to have your logo on a car or on a billboard, don't include the men & women who serve this country.

It's wrong. PERIOD!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:51 pm

the NFL league offices were contacted about this. They had no comment either spend that their tax exempt status is awesome.

(Individual teams will pay taxes on the tax payers $$$ they rake in)

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:07 pm

That makes me sick. Veterans are the reason we can even have freedoms like football.

Life, liberty, and the art of screwing people over: the American way.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

you all don't get it,

it's all advertisement to keep the recruits coming in into the recruiting offices to fight the wars to keep the dollar as the world currency. if you see it on TV its an advertisement.

don't get me wrong I respect that vets put their lives in harms way for country.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:18 pm

this is just about the last straw for me. I don't think I want to be associated with the NFL anymore as a fan. The players making stupid decisions and a douchebag in charge is one thing, but this is to much. I realize the NFL is a business but this is low

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:14 pm

effyou515 wrote:
you all don't get it,

it's all advertisement to keep the recruits coming in into the recruiting offices to fight the wars to keep the dollar as the world currency. if you see it on TV its an advertisement.

don't get me wrong I respect that vets put their lives in harms way for country.

I get it, but how do you not see this as pimping out the veterans? That's not wrong in your eyes?

And at what point does seeing a veteran come back from a tour amongst thousands of fans help with recruiting? What the excitement that maybe you'll go overseas and the off chance you'll get selected to get a ticket to a home game of your local NFL team? Makes no sense to me.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:22 am

So I wonder how much the NFL is making in the month of October.... NFL paid to honor vets... 3135543967

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:33 pm

NFL paid to honor vets... 2480670802 “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country and "how much" , they are paying "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL paid to honor vets...   NFL paid to honor vets... Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL paid to honor vets...
Page 1 of 1