Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?

Go down 
+9
Pappy
kirklandrules
Lokki
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
IowaSteeler927
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Buddha Bus
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:31 pm

By Mike Frazer  @MPFrazer on May 18, 2015, 12:30p 7

As far as left tackles go, Kelvin Beachum has been the runt of the NFL's bunch since taking over the position for the Pittsburgh Steelers partway through the 2013 season. That may be changing this year.

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? CFSjEUtUIAAG4gi

Kelvin Beachum, the Pittsburgh Steelers' starting left tackle for most of the last two seasons, gained notoriety for being the league's smallest starting left tackle. That goes for both height and weight.

The reality is that Beachum lacks a lot of the ideal traits of a typical left tackle. His long legs and short torso give him a high center of gravity despite his relatively short stature for a starter at the position, and his upper-body strength has left a little to be desired. While he has continued to hone his craft as a pass blocker, showing continual improvement even from one game to the next, he has struggled at times against stronger defensive linemen as a run blocker. But, what he has lacked, physically, he has made up for with exceptional intelligence and hard work.

Lacked until now, at least.

(Read More:) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/18/8620131/pittsburgh-steelers-kelvin-beachum-small-no-more

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

damn his bicep looks like one of those 5 lb burgers
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Looks photo shopped

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 11:44 pm

I think the bigger story here is that hippie Ross ventrone hangin out with the big uglies.

What'd he do... eat david decastro?

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:06 am

tony hipchest wrote:
I think the bigger story here is that hippie Ross ventrone hangin out with the big uglies.

What'd he do... eat david decastro?

I think the even bigger story here is that Mike Adams is not working out with them.

with this lack of a work ethic Mike Adams is going to have a hard time making it out of camp this year... Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 1689750825

and where the hell is Jarvis Jones? Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 2913999526
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:41 am

I love Beachum. I follow him on Facebook. Good kid, highly intelligent, and a great attitude. Very giving, and very selfless. I hope he continues to develop, and I feel like he's only going to get better. Skies the limit for Beachum, but I think we're in a pretty good place with him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:30 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I think the even bigger story here is that Mike Adams is not working out with them.

with this lack of a work ethic Mike Adams is going to have a hard time making it out of camp this year... Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 1689750825

i think he was cut right after they drafted senquez gloden. he pancaked him in rookie mini camp 1-on-1 drills and the steelers had enough...

. .
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:49 am

Does Ross have more beard on the right side of his face then the left?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I love Beachum. I follow him on Facebook. Good kid, highly intelligent, and a great attitude. Very giving, and very selfless. I hope he continues to develop, and I feel like he's only going to get better. Skies the limit for Beachum, but I think we're in a pretty good place with him.

I follow him on there as well and he really impresses me. Great kid.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:54 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Does Ross have more beard on the right side of his face then the left?

It does look that way, but that is is hair off to the side. He sports the Polamalu hair. He's the one that always makes me do a double-take, thinking that Troy is out there on Special Teams.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

i think he was cut right after they drafted senquez gloden.  he pancaked him in rookie mini camp 1-on-1 drills and the steelers had enough...

just wait until the bloggers get ahold of that and run with it...

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
and where the hell is Jarvis Jones? Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 2913999526

No worries about Jarvis. Harrison had him under lock and key in Arizona.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I totally agree with you. This kid has been a hard worker from the start. Some of the players with more natural ability and size could learn a hell of a lot from him when it comes to work ethic. I love to root for players like him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:13 am

Pappy wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I totally agree with you. This kid has been a hard worker from the start. Some of the players with more natural ability and size could learn a hell of a lot from him when it comes to work ethic. I love to root for players like him.

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 230572241 Couldn't agree more. This is the best offensive line unit we've had in a long time, Beachum is a big part of that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyWed May 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0519%2Fmag_leveonbell02_jl_1296x729

Bell (last week) is the guy who's looking ready...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12918573/pittsburgh-steelers-running-back-leveon-bell-want-change-game
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:52 pm

The "very important" Kelvin Beachum is a must-sign player for the Steelers

By Dale Grdnic on Jun 18, 2015

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Usa-today-7468496.0

The Pittsburgh Steelers have some difficult decisions to make on signing some of their players who are in the final years of their contracts. One which shouldn't be ignored is left tackle Kelvin Beachum.

PITTSBURGH -- Kelvin Beachum has been the Pittsburgh Steelers starting left offensive tackle the better part of the past two seasons, yet they still list the fourth-year player as a tackle and guard on the official roster.

"I know they do that, but I haven't taken any reps at guard the past couple years,'' Beachum said. "I don't know why they still do that, but I guess I could move there if they need me.''

That's just the type of player Beachum has been since the Steelers selected him in the seventh round during the 2012 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-3, 303-pound SMU product has been more than adaptable. He has 33 starts in 38 games, including five in seven games as a rookie.

"Beach has been a terrific player for us since his rookie year and a real good left tackle the past couple seasons,'' starting left guard Ramon Foster said.

He was a late pick in a draft where the Steelers took guard David DeCastro in the first round and Mike Adams in the second. DeCastro was injured in the preseason as a rookie and didn't return until the final four games that year. He started three at right guard and has been a fixture there ever since.

But Adams, who was expected to secure a starting tackle position from the outset, has made just 20 starts in 41 games and has been nothing more than an additional blocker lately. Beachum has been thriving during that time.

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/6/18/8808239/the-very-important-kelvin-beachum-is-a-must-sign-player-for-the
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Dale Grdnic is one of the most prolific bloggers that BTSC has. Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 2893009358
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Steelers Depot published another Mike Adams bashing panic article this week stating that Beachum is leaving after this season for big $$$ and Mike Adams will not make the 53 man roster, leaving us screwed next season with nothing but Villanueva and some other late round/UDFA tackle on the roster.

I would post a link, but they are just hoping their bogus narrative turns into a factual truth and lead to website hits. As if posting the same opinion over and over will turn it into fact in fans heads.

The FACT is the coaching staff was pleased with the improvements Mike Adams showed last season and he will be the #1 back up tackle.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:28 am

No contract talks for Steelers, Kelvin Beachum yet

Posted by Josh Alper on June 21, 2015

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte2njhjyjvmywu1m2qxmtq4nwewzjk5otyzmzg0owqy-e1434912103369

There was a report earlier this month that the Steelers are expected to sign defensive end Cam Heyward to a contract extension before training camp, but that deals with any of the rest of the team’s pending free agents were considered unlikely.

That group of players includes left tackle Kelvin Beachum and he confirmed on Sunday that there haven’t been any discussions with the team about a new deal at this point in the calendar.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/21/no-contract-talks-for-steelers-kelvin-beachum-yet/
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte2njhjyjvmywu1m2qxmtq4nwewzjk5otyzmzg0owqy-e1434912103369

There was a report earlier this month that the Steelers are expected to sign defensive end Cam Heyward to a contract extension before training camp, but that deals with any of the rest of the team’s pending free agents were considered unlikely.

That group of players includes left tackle Kelvin Beachum and he confirmed on Sunday that there haven’t been any discussions with the team about a new deal at this point in the calendar.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/21/no-contract-talks-for-steelers-kelvin-beachum-yet/

Thats because they are going to extend Mike Adams and let Beachum walk for big $$$. Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 1689750825

. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:30 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

to read rest of article:

Thats because they are going to extend Mike Adams and let Beachum walk for big $$$.  Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 1689750825  

Haven't you heard? Alejandro Villanueva will be taking Adams job Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? 1549491426

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 am

PFF Names Kelvin Beachum Pittsburgh’s Secret Superstar

By Matthew Marczi on June 23, 2015

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/06/pff-names-kelvin-beachum-pittsburghs-secret-superstar/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:50 am

I like Beachum and hope the Steelers resign him as I think he still has a lot of growth left. However, I don't think he was a top 5 left tackles in the league last season. 7 sacks and poor run blocking shouldn't get you ranked as one of the best. He started the season poorly, then got on a good track ... but he didn't look good in the Raven's playoff game. IMO his performance last year should have put him in closer to an averaging ranking (15th or so) among left tackles. So I'm hoping he shows he belongs in the top of the LT list with his play this year and brings some of that nasty attitude needed in the run game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more?   Pittsburgh Steelers' Kelvin Beachum: Small no more? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1