Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWILL GAY KNOWS... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

WILL GAY KNOWS...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

WILL GAY KNOWS... Empty
PostSubject: WILL GAY KNOWS...   WILL GAY KNOWS... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:50 am

WILL GAY KNOWS ...

Jim Wexell
Publisher SteelCityInsider.net
May 28, 2015

WILL GAY KNOWS... 1409073

... what it will take to get the Steelers' secondary back on track.

PITTSBURGH -- Will Gay's been around, seen some things, so it's not just the sound of his voice that makes him come off as a wise, old man.

No, Will Gay knows. For one he knows rookies and how they must mix the art of survival with the art of making plays in the preseason.

When Gay was a fifth-round draft pick in 2007, he stood out in that year's Hall of Fame game. After which, a reporter asked first-year coach Mike Tomlin about Gay's stellar performance. Tomlin shook his head and scolded the questioner by saying, "William Gay's just trying to survive!"

But, that's exactly what he did.

"That's what it is," Gay said almost eight years later. "I mean, I think I was in the fourth rotation, maybe the fifth. In that game I think only like three groups played and then coach all of the sudden said in the fourth quarter, 'Get out there.' I told myself I gotta do something to make them give me more reps next week. I was blessed enough to get a pick and I forced a fumble, and I got moved up to the third group.

"It's all about trying to prove yourself. (Tomlin) told me later on, 'Man, I was thinking about putting you on the practice squad and developing you but you forced my hand.'"

Of course, Gay did survive and he's become the Pittsburgh Steelers' No. 1 cornerback.

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1549951-will-gay-knows?s=68
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

WILL GAY KNOWS... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WILL GAY KNOWS...   WILL GAY KNOWS... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 5:22 am

Big Play Willy Gay! I'm hoping he has a good year. This guy has really been an unsung hero of the defense, and and one point was putting up with an asinine amount of unfair criticism from fans.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

WILL GAY KNOWS... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WILL GAY KNOWS...   WILL GAY KNOWS... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:49 pm

I'd say he's made his fair share of mistakes, and been burned pretty bad on a few occasions, but he's also made a ton of plays on defense and special teams over the years. The guy doesn't know the word quit, and has proven himself a very solid defender, while arguably being our best DB last year. I'd even go so far to say that his best years may still be ahead of him, and I'm more than willing to put my confidence behind him.

WILL GAY KNOWS... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WILL GAY KNOWS...   WILL GAY KNOWS... Empty

Back to top Go down

WILL GAY KNOWS...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: